273 views
Verified Reviewer

Susan gave us a puppy that she assured us was gentle and did not even need to be crated! Turns out the dog is very confident and started attacking our 12 year old mix, and lunging at my husband.

We repeatedly asked for help and she told us to go to a trainer.

We met and worked with three trainers. We were told that this was a temperament issue and would always exist, that the dog would need a very firm and skilled hand. We are not trainers.

We wanted a calm and gentle dog and cant devote the time this dog required for maintenance training.

We were told by several trainers to return the dog.

We returned the dog in 4 months after doing our best job and Susan will not replace or refund any money - as though she hadnt picked the dog for us and knowing that we have an old dog!

She has said how well the dog was trained and wanted to give us the dog back until I said NO. Now she is changing her story.

She has the dog and the money.

User's recommendation: Do not take her recommendation and bring your existing dog to meet puppies to make sure it is a good fit.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

TriSong Tibetan Terriers Pros: Healthy dogs.

TriSong Tibetan Terriers Cons: Will not take responsibility for matching temperament to home.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Susan S Jfr

We guarantee our puppies temperament is as we say it is upon receipt. We cannot control how you raise puppies and in what type of environment after 5 months.

From May through the end of September you consistently told me all was well. I posted all your text comments to me on my Flickr site (Daphne’s texts album) so those who may question my guarantee can see that you in fact were very pleased with Allie until 5 months later you weren’t. Everyone who met him upon his return or transported him to you and back expressed there was no temperament or behavior problem. He had no issue with people or other dogs and was actually a bit submissive.

TT adolescence is a time when pups test the limits just as humans.

After all - it is why they have the nickname - Tibetan Terrors. You chose not to get a second opinion or work with him

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Susan S Jfr

We spent lots of time with a variety of trainers and you mentioned how well trained he was when we returned him to you. I did mention in my texts when his behavior was extreme and you did not follow through in a way that that gave me confidence that you would help.

You said you would “replace” him and then you reneged. You did not return what we paid for him either.

TriSong Tibetan Terriers Reviews