Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
2.6

I have been a Tri-County patient for 15 years. Some doctors seem to over medicate and does not seem to be in your best interest.

Waiting period to see the doctor at times are long, and I was treated rudely when I called about an issue with adverse side effects that happened to me with a medication I was prescribed by one of Tri-County's doctors. I had choked and was gargling in my sleep from a medication they had given me and when I called to report it, the nurse got upset because I refused to take the injection of that particular medication. He was not concerned about the life-threatening side effects that occurred. When I asked for my normal medication that I did well with, the doctor refused to prescribe me the injection needed in order to prevent my condition of severe psychosis.

The state had gotten involved in Austin, Texas after phone calls of reporting the issue, and the state gave Tri-City 24 hours to respond with a solution to the issue. The nurse DID in fact received disciplinary, but the doctor did not.

I now have continued my care with an outside provider and am I doing great. I am no longer overly sedated and can love a great future because I left Tri-County's services.

User's recommendation: Seek an outside provider for better care.

Preferred solution: Doctors to be trained to be careful not prescribe too many medications and to develop better patient doctor relationships..

Tri County Behavioral Healthcare Pros: Free for low income, Helped me file and get disability.

Tri County Behavioral Healthcare Cons: Does not tell you about funding for low income house repairs, Over medicates, Does not provide quality care like outside providers.

Location: 233 Sergeant Ed Holcomb Boulevard South, Conroe, TX 77304

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Tri County Behavioral Healthcare Reviews