TrendMicro -- no interest in consumer support

2 of 2 TrendMicro reviews

TREND MICRO CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE AND THEY HAVE NO INTEREST IN NON CORPORATE CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!

The A/V works well but …......... My credit card was stolen so I got a new credit card number. My TrendMicro subscription (on auto-renew) could not renew, since the old number was no good. I sent email to support but, they never seem to read your email just send a response that is useless. I sent email to them three times and finally on the fourth, after begging them to read my email before responding, they appeared to have read some of my email. They said they would turn OFF auto-renew so I could manually renew.

Now at their recommendation I try to manually renew and instead of the $55.00 price they charge me $69.00 (because it is now on manual and it expired). I tried to find a tel number to call. GOOD LUCK! After lots of searching a dozen web page, I found a tel number. Then after pushing lots of buttons on the menu I was told to find a phone number on a web page! Would this not annoy you! Now that number was hard to find too. It is, of course, not an 800 number. The guy on the end barely spoke English and after talking to him for 15 minutes I hung up as it was useless!

The TrendMicro product may work but the sales team they hired (digital river) is drowning TrendMicro's customers in poor support! I would write to TrendMicro but again, good luck, they do not appear to want to deal with people, just computers. This should eventually put them out of business.

Joe

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 2 TrendMicro reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
DrJoeRoss

Apr 23, 2011 #278007

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOUR RESPOND EMOTIONALLY! My comment begins with: "The A/V works well but …........" The AV is fine, I like it and that's why I have 14 or so accounts. The support is poor as it is from Digital River and they are not doing a good job for Trend Micro. Your comment and the last one NEITHER show me how to update my credit card! That is the issue NO ONE knows how to help a customer update a credit Card when the number changes! This is RIDICULOUS! I would love to remove my claim! Show me how!

Amin

Apr 23, 2011 #277811

Trend Micro which was fantastic and the service is perfect and even paying all license fees again, which can receive quality.

So it is better than being negative propaganda against this self help .

This license can be renewed even if not still is great your product and protect your doing well

DrJoeRoss

Apr 22, 2011 #277643

REALLY? Well I have 6 active accounts that are all on auto-renew. I just went and logged in and LOOKED for this "Account Preferences" and apparently it is the best hidden option on the page. It is not visible! If I open an account under "Manage subscriptions" it is NOT there either. Don't know who you are but after 3 emails with Digital River, they did not tell me how to do this either. Try Again.... I would really like to be able to update it! I still cannot find an option to do so. Give me a URL, Show me that it can be done. This is the problem, POOR COMMUNICATION!!!!!

kmohney

Apr 21, 2011 #277088

If you went to the TrendMicro site after you got the FIRST email giving you notice that your subscription was going to expire soon & it was on auto-renew and changed your account preferences with your new credit card information you wouldn't have this complaint! READ YOUR EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sigh

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about TrendMicro.
Filing a new complaint about
×