Travis Industries Yankee Bay Fireplace Gas Review from Graham, Washington
Update added by user May 17, 2016
Our other pellet stove is a Quadrafire P30 series that is 14 yrs old and works perfectly and we only paid $1600.00. This stove a Lopi Yankee Bay Stove is 9 yrs old and has been problem after problem and we paid $4500.00 for it
Original review posted by user May 16, 2016
We purchased a Yankee Bay Pellet Fireplace Insert about 9 yrs ago.This is the worst stove ever.
We have had nothing but continual problems with this stove. We have another freestanding pellet stove a P30 Series, not a Yankee stove that is still working perfectly after 20 yrs. This Yankee insert is not efficient at all. We have replaced nearly every part on it , most of them twice.
The tray that holds the ashes, burns out (a hole in it) every 2 yrs we have to replace it. Warranty quit covering it after 2 yrs saying it was because of the pellets we were using. We switched to the pellets they recommended and it didn't change anything. We have replaced the igniter twice, the auger motor twice, which when it freezes up causes the fuse in the stove to blow.
We should have taken it back right away,but the manufacturer assured us that they would take care of the problems we were having. They of course have not helped us at all after 1 1/2 yrs. very frustrating. So the insert (Yankee Bay) is a piece of *** and the manufacturer (Lopi) is also a substandard company that does not follow through on their contractual obligations.
It is obviously too late to do anything about my stove, I'm not sure they would have taken it back anyway. This is to warn others about the stove. I had heard really great things about the manufacturer Lopi, obviously something changed. They either sold the company or cut back on costs to cause such a substandard product.
I purchased it from AAA Stoves in Parkland Wa and they were no help at all.
Actually they were quite rude and intimidated me to the point that my husband had to contact them instead of me.Just a warning don't buy this stove!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- When they were standing by their product at first contact
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "I contacted Tamia at 6478700100 this past tuesday. I went to her motel room in Barrie and we discussed what i was into and then i gave her 200 donations..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Thieves broke into Sentry safe stole everything.They use pry bars on the door separated the door broke the welds from the inner door and bent the lock mechanism to open...."
- "Not delivered as promised, even have detailed instructions on where I live. ..."
- "My husband and I had a baby 8 months ago. My baby and I tested positive for methamphetamines at the time of birth. My baby did not have any problems..."