Graham, Washington

Update by user May 17, 2016

Our other pellet stove is a Quadrafire P30 series that is 14 yrs old and works perfectly and we only paid $1600.00. This stove a Lopi Yankee Bay Stove is 9 yrs old and has been problem after problem and we paid $4500.00 for it

Original review posted by user May 16, 2016

We purchased a Yankee Bay Pellet Fireplace Insert about 9 yrs ago.This is the worst stove ever.

We have had nothing but continual problems with this stove. We have another freestanding pellet stove a P30 Series, not a Yankee stove that is still working perfectly after 20 yrs. This Yankee insert is not efficient at all. We have replaced nearly every part on it , most of them twice.

The tray that holds the ashes, burns out (a hole in it) every 2 yrs we have to replace it. Warranty quit covering it after 2 yrs saying it was because of the pellets we were using. We switched to the pellets they recommended and it didn't change anything. We have replaced the igniter twice, the auger motor twice, which when it freezes up causes the fuse in the stove to blow.

We should have taken it back right away,but the manufacturer assured us that they would take care of the problems we were having. They of course have not helped us at all after 1 1/2 yrs. very frustrating. So the insert (Yankee Bay) is a piece of *** and the manufacturer (Lopi) is also a substandard company that does not follow through on their contractual obligations.

It is obviously too late to do anything about my stove, I'm not sure they would have taken it back anyway. This is to warn others about the stove. I had heard really great things about the manufacturer Lopi, obviously something changed. They either sold the company or cut back on costs to cause such a substandard product.

I purchased it from AAA Stoves in Parkland Wa and they were no help at all.

Actually they were quite rude and intimidated me to the point that my husband had to contact them instead of me.Just a warning don't buy this stove!

Review about: Yankee Bay Pellet Stove.

I liked: When they were standing by their product at first contact.

2.0
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Travis Industries?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion