Update added by user Feb 08, 2016
This is how TravelEx responds to legitimate claims:
From: Better Business Bureau, Inc.
To: Ms.Janet L Halliday
Subject: This complaint has been closed without response from the business
This message originally read on 2/8/2016 Janet Halliday
Dear Janet Halliday : This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 1/5/2016 against Travelex Insurance Services.
Your complaint was assigned ID 11025257. The BBB has processed your complaint to the above referenced company. Our purpose is to serve both parties in a dispute by acting as a neutral third party. We attempt to help both sides find a voluntary solution to the complaint.
We are unable to compel a company to respond to or resolve complaints. We regret to inform you that the company has not responded to your complaint. If we do receive a response in the future, a copy will be sent to you. You may wish to seek the advice of an attorney, or file a claim in Small Claims Court.
Your complaint will remain on file for three years and will be reported to the public that the company did not respond. This will also result in a negative change to the company's BBB rating. If the company is a BBB Accredited Businesses, an unanswered complaint can subject them to the loss of their accreditation. If you have resolved this with the company please notify the BBB.
Should you provide additional information, please note the BBB publishes the details of complaints received by our office. The text of your complaint may be publicly posted on BBBs Web site (There are a few instances when a complaint does not meet publishing guidelines and BBB reserves the right to not post in accordance with BBB policy). Please do not include any personally identifiable information when you tell us about your problem or in your desired outcome. By submitting your complaint, you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business.
BBB may edit your complaint to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language.Regards, Jeffrey Complaint Handler The Better Business Bureau
Original review posted by user Jan 05, 2016
We took out a 20k travel insurance policy, which carried 150% trip interruption plan; Cost: $1,000.We were to take an expedition to Antarctica, so we booked the insurance from door-2-door to be safe.
We flew to Buenos Aires on day 1, on Day 2 the trip was cancelled due to ice berg damage to our ship. TravelEx sent us a check for the CHANGE FEE ONLY (which was $600) and didn't reimburse the plane ticket that got us there. Who pays 3k for airfare to BA for a weekend?!? AND, why wouldn't they cover at least HALF that expense as immediate travel back home?
Can you spell FRAUD!?!
I don't understand how they are allowed to make these reparations without discussing anything with us. They allowed no interaction while making their decision and leave us with no alternative other than to complain here. Our trip coverage was at 150%, yet we received piddly based on our costs. AT MOST they could be paying for 150% of the full cost for our first cancelled trip, and then we'd pay the cost of the rebooked trip out of that money!!!
I've tried to explain to them about flights back and they don't care...is this the way its really supposed to work???
200 people lost a lot of money with this incident, and all had to have at least the bare minimum of Travelex's insurance.It feels like, to me, THEY made a lot of money with this incident :(
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- I want the costs of my flight to BA - no one spends over 4k just to fly to a foreign country and stay there for 1 day! This insurance plan was door-2-door, and their were 200 folks on this trip that also had similar claims...looks like TravelEx made out!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Travelex Insuance
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "THE WILTON MANORS OFFICE IS PROMOTING A BOOKING FOR A *** CRUISE OUT OF CAPE CARNARVAL FOR THE VALOR BOAT . WHICH IS ALREADY BOOKED FOR THE DAY OF DEPARTURE..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "We have gone to mexico for a work vacation the last 10 years and have stayed at all kinds of resorts. This by far was the nicest resort we ever..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "Delivery was pitiful! I received an email Stating it was delivered at 4:33pm come to find out at 5:30pm after I called that it can't be delivered until 10am the next..."
- "I am a customer of the Fayetteville NC store i purchased a 3 pc power sectional payed cash for all of my items i can believe that Ashley put there..."
- "Customer service is very bad Supervisor at Clayton Nc store , she was very disrespectful, rude. BADCOCK Sent me a used dishwasher and I didn't want it, they would not..."