Tower Com - Beware of Tower Books - Scam Alert - Customer Rip Offs - Unethical - Many Bad Reviews - Disrespect of authors - Misrepresentation and Deception
Tower Books is a website with a documented history of ripping people off, on one review site there are 27 bad reviews out of 27 with an overall rating of 1/10.
It appears to be a follow on company from Tower Records who went into insolvency and made massive losses because they use the same logos and colour schemes.
The reviews cite issues such as misrepresentation, bad customer service, orders not being received, losses, refusal to refund wrong items, etc..
Here are some examples:-
"Wow this place is terrible, ordered 3 books, received 2 of them - have contacted them multiple times to find out where the other book is.
Going through paypal to try and get money back for third book. Stay away from these guys"
"Items charged and sent 2 weeks after cancellation of order. Don't expect e-mail confirmation of orders or cancellations, don't expect cancellations to be honored."
"I should have read these reviews before I ordered from this seller. I ordered three items, two CDs and one DVD. I received the CDs but not the DVD. I have emailed numerous times to find out the status of the DVD and they have not replied. Their customer service is terrible. It has now been about six weeks since I made the order and I have had to put in a dispute with PayPal to get my money back."
"Pre ordered the Beatles stereo box set on aug 31.
Box set to be released sept9....they charges my card immediately, then on the 18th of Sept they canceled my order saying there was an error on the webpage............have tried to contact them,no response.......they have not credited my card yet........contacted my card co and am disputing the charge,..............never order fdrom tower.com"
"The WORST online buying experience I've ever had! When you select priority shipping, doesn't that signal that you might want to receive your goods as, oh say, a priority?! They took over 24 hours to ship my product (site said it would ship within 12 hours) and the package arrived after 11 days (rather than the 2-4 I paid for).
Did they apologize and offer to reimburse me for the difference between priority and standard shipping? No, they pointed to the fine print that we've all been trained to ignore and said the problem lies with USPS.
I refused to accept their package, so hopefully my credit card company will get my full payment back.
Thanks Overtock.com for making my purchase come through in the end!
"I will never buy from them again. I ordered over 2 weeks ago and item has not even shipped even though it was listed as "in stock". One item shipped 10 days ago and has still not made it to me."
The customer service is non existent and rarely answer emails and just ignore people. There are complaints that people have to wait for weeks for their order or a refund.
In addition, Tower Books abuse authors by supporting bookjacking or selling non existent rare titles. This
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Misleading customers and ripping them off
- Abuse of authors works
- Aggressive seo
- Non existent customer service
- Scammy behaviour
- Reason of review:
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
You May Also Like
- "I threatened a class action lawsuit if I didn't receive my products within the next two weeks. Instead of complying...they completely refunded my money. Thought that was interesting: From: Erin Nugent..."
- "So, I get a clipping from Star Magazine that someone shows me saying $25,000 in prizes awarded. I had just gone through a serious summer experience that I had..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "Just buy a brand new bike and the dealer change the oil ,the engine start to leak ! Im back at my dealer and he said is not is fault..."
- "OMG!! I just realize the similarities between the names Bryant Pompey The senior sales rep is the same person scaming people specially tourists they target on the streets of Nassau Bahamas (bracelet..."
- "i would like to know why i am blocked i am always very polite and courteous and real and would like an explanation Thanks I logged into Mingle and found..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."