Tower Com - Beware of Tower Books - Scam Alert - Customer Rip Offs - Unethical - Many Bad Reviews - Disrespect of authors - Misrepresentation and Deception
Tower Books is a website with a documented history of ripping people off, on one review site there are 27 bad reviews out of 27 with an overall rating of 1/10.
It appears to be a follow on company from Tower Records who went into insolvency and made massive losses because they use the same logos and colour schemes.
The reviews cite issues such as misrepresentation, bad customer service, orders not being received, losses, refusal to refund wrong items, etc..
Here are some examples:-
"Wow this place is terrible, ordered 3 books, received 2 of them - have contacted them multiple times to find out where the other book is.
Going through paypal to try and get money back for third book. Stay away from these guys"
"Items charged and sent 2 weeks after cancellation of order. Don't expect e-mail confirmation of orders or cancellations, don't expect cancellations to be honored."
"I should have read these reviews before I ordered from this seller. I ordered three items, two CDs and one DVD. I received the CDs but not the DVD. I have emailed numerous times to find out the status of the DVD and they have not replied. Their customer service is terrible. It has now been about six weeks since I made the order and I have had to put in a dispute with PayPal to get my money back."
"Pre ordered the Beatles stereo box set on aug 31.
Box set to be released sept9....they charges my card immediately, then on the 18th of Sept they canceled my order saying there was an error on the webpage............have tried to contact them,no response.......they have not credited my card yet........contacted my card co and am disputing the charge,..............never order fdrom tower.com"
"The WORST online buying experience I've ever had! When you select priority shipping, doesn't that signal that you might want to receive your goods as, oh say, a priority?! They took over 24 hours to ship my product (site said it would ship within 12 hours) and the package arrived after 11 days (rather than the 2-4 I paid for).
Did they apologize and offer to reimburse me for the difference between priority and standard shipping? No, they pointed to the fine print that we've all been trained to ignore and said the problem lies with USPS.
I refused to accept their package, so hopefully my credit card company will get my full payment back.
Thanks Overtock.com for making my purchase come through in the end!
"I will never buy from them again. I ordered over 2 weeks ago and item has not even shipped even though it was listed as "in stock". One item shipped 10 days ago and has still not made it to me."
The customer service is non existent and rarely answer emails and just ignore people. There are complaints that people have to wait for weeks for their order or a refund.
In addition, Tower Books abuse authors by supporting bookjacking or selling non existent rare titles. This
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Misleading customers and ripping them off
- Abuse of authors works
- Aggressive seo
- Non existent customer service
- Scammy behaviour
- Reason of review:
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have a children's book that I got published through authorhouse so I could show it to my mother (the Author) just before she died so she could be proud...."
- "My FREE canvas ended up costing me $36 then arrived in a cardboard box with NO packaging. The frame is broken & Canvas is ripped. The board is actually broken at..."
- "The Executive Editor of the Hillsdale Daily News committed a criminal act against me. I'm a private citizen who she was "investigating" for making criticism of local political officials. She..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "* VERY BAD EXPERIENCE @ Fasion MIA * I made a substantial order over 45 days ago. Part of the items arrived (one was stained), but at present there are lost and/or..."
- "Has onyone else got ripped off by UNDZ.org. I recently ordered a couple of pairs of under wears for my boy friend. Although, I chose the rush shipping option I..."
- "mazing products. Terrible customer service. I placed two orders in early November and received no notification of the orders being shipped even weeks later. I contacted them and after..."