Tootsie Roll Industries - Piece of plastic in a chocolate covered cherry

13 of 16 Tootsie Roll Industries reviews

Update added by user Feb 04, 2015

After having a few people check out what was in that piece of chocolate, we came to the conclusion that it was a broken cherry pit. Still bad but happy that it was not plastic.

Original review posted by user Feb 04, 2015

Bought a box of Cella's Dark chocolate covered cherries with liquid center at a CVS.This evening I sat down with a new box of chocolate covered cherries.

I picked one out of the box and put it in my mouth. I Bit down and after about the third chew I bit down on something very hard. I immediately went to the bathroom sink and spit it out.

I picked up this hard dark pink thing and rinsed off what looked like a piece of cherry but it was a pink piece of plastic that looked like it was broken off of something.I am lucky I didn't break a tooth.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Cellas Chocolate Covered Cherries
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #590436

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tootsie Roll Industries? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
13 of 16 Tootsie Roll Industries reviews

Jan 15 #1271139 Huntington, West Virginia, United States

I feel for you on that. I broke my tooth from crackerjack and it cost me 2300 at the hospital ER. My tooth broke because of an from a piece of popcorn that didn't pop. I'm glad you didn't break a tooth. Tony Betts

0 0 Reply
anonymous

Feb 04, 2015 #940931

Why don't you complain on their web site, instead of on a general complaint site.

0 1 Reply

Feb 04, 2015 #941004 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I have tried to connect to the website I was provided but it was a virus.....

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Tootsie Roll Industries.
Filing a new complaint about
×