Toothills INC, Sunset Auto Exchange
Toothills Inc DBA Sunset Auto Exchange
1828 N Washington Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34234-7525
Consumer's Original Complaint :
I purchased a 2004 Suzuki xl7 form the above named company on November 21st 2011, for $15391.97. ON November 21st,
2011, I traded in a 2003 Dodge Durango for a downpayment and I also gave them an additional $200.00, which in all the total
for the downpayment was $2200.00. I agreed to pay them the remaineder of the downpayment balance of $800.00 with in two
weeks. December 7th, 2011 came and that was the date I was suppose to pay them a car apyment of $200.00 as well as the
balance of the downpayment of $800.00. I went to Sunset Auto exchange and spoke with Casey regarding the downpayment and
stated to him that I didnt have the who;e balance but if they could I would be willinlg to pay additional payments everytime I
come in and pay my car payment which is every two weeks. Casey stated that he needed to contact the owner of the company
whos name is Andy and speak to him regarding the matter. Casey then picked up the phone and called Andy, Casey explained to
Andy that I was there at the car lot and was wondering if it would be okay if i paid them $60.00 towards the downpayment, Andy
stated that it would be fine and that I needed to try to pay them more as soon as possible. i made a car payment of $200.00 as well
as $60.00 dollars on the 7th of December and drove away. On December 14th, 2011 I went to the store with my children to pick
up a few things, we where in the store for about an hour and when we came out of the store my car was gone. I called Casey and
was asking him what I needed to do, because I think someone stole my car. Casey stated to me that no one stole the car, they came
and got the car due to the balance owed for the downpayment. I tried to ask Casey if there was anything I can do to get my car
back and he stated that I needed to bring in $1000.00 and they would return the car to me. I told him that there was no way I could
get that amount of money adn would like to know if there was a another way. I also told Casey that I am willing to pay an extra
amount every two weeks with my car payment in order to pay off the downpayment balance. Casey stated that he needed to speak
with Andy the owner of the company and that he will give me a call back. Casey called me back in about 30 minutes and stated
that Andy said no that the only way i was to get my car back would be to bring in the balance of the downpayment as well as the
fees for the towing of the car. At that time I stated to Casey that was not possible, and that I would see what else I can do and hung
up the phone. ON December 19th, 2011 I called Casey and asked him if he or fax me over an invoice with the amount owed for
the downpayment as well as an invoice for the towing fees so that I could take care of it. Casey stated to me that he could not give
me a invoice he could just tell me what I owed over the phone. i asked Caey why that was and he stated that they dont have one.
At that timed I stated to Casey that if he went into a place and bought something for $1000.00 and the person he dealt with told
him that he couldnt have a invoice, what would he do. Casey stated again all he can do is tell me over the phone the balance owed.
I said no thank you and hung up the phone. I them called the tow company that towed the car and spoke with John and asked him
if he could fax me a copy of the invoice for the tow and he stated that he would and to give him an hour to get back in the office, I
told him that I would call him back. I called back in an hour and still have not got a invoice form either of the company regarding
the balance owed. Please help I dont know what to do and every way I turn I keep being told they dont know what to do.
Consumer's Desired Resolution:
Refund of Downpayment for $2260.00.
12/27/2011 web BBB Case Received by BBB
12/27/2011 CLW BBB Case Reviewed by BBB
12/27/2011 Otto MAIL Notify Business of Dispute
01/10/2012 TAY BBB Courtesy Call to Business
01/16/2012 OttO EMAIL Consumer - Have You Heard From the Business
01/16/2012 OttO MAIL Reminder of Dispute to Business
01/17/2012 MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER :
Toothills Inc, Sunset Auto exchange had not contacted me at anytime to resolve this matter. I have still waiting for a response. On January 4th, 2012 I sent a letter to Andy the owner at Sunset Auto Exchange eia Ups with signature required. he recieved the letter. I asked that he try to work something out with me and if he would give me a response by January 14th, 2012. I have yet to receive anything. Thank you for your help. I feel this company has done this to others and my goal is to let the public know that the are very unprofessional and not to let them take your only car you have away. The are thieves.
THEY WON'T EVEN CALL THE BBB BACK. AS YOU CAN SEE ABOVE THEY HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM SEVERAL TIMES.
THIS COMPANY IS A SORRY EXCUSE FOR A DEALER SHIP!!!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Suzuki Xl7
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Well, when many people told me not to buy a Volkswagen, I simply ignored them and thought, "they are a ford/Chevy die hard fan, what do they know?" Turns out,..."
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "We ordered a brand new 2014 Georgetown 378XL and took delivery from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH in late May 2013. We immediately noted undisclosed damage to the outside..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "We have 3 different "rooms" of furniture from Rooms To Go. The first was purchased less than 5 years ago ... and the chair is peeling so bad ......"
- "120 DAY SAME AS CASH. If you pay them like your suppose to you wont have any problems. I needed new tires but didnt have 700 to spend at Tire..."
- "I had this company come out today for a free second opinion and quote. The technician, Andrew, came out promptly and began discussing with my boyfriend the options to repair..."