Tim Wallace (TW) Scam Artist operating out of Denver, NC

4 of 4 Tim Wallace reviews

I am writing you to warn of a home improvement scam artist based in your area. I have traced him to a trailer house in your area with the help of an investigator. He claims to be licensed EPA Refrigerant for AC Freon purposes and to have an NC Contractors and HVAC License. All are untrue. He also claims to be bonded and insured. He prays on houses about to be sold and can make the repairs a buyers request from the home inspection report.

He ripped me off and I referred him to my neighbor and he ripped them off to and then disappears. He prays on elderly and single-mothers.

He goes by the name TW or Tim Wallace and business name A Better Choice Home Improvement. I have traced many other he has ripped of in Union, Gaston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg and other nearby counties.

I have attached his picture and describe him as 6 feet tall, long hair in a pony-tail, really bad teeth (brown and rotten) and skinny. He is a heavy smoker and is thought to be a drug-user. He is into guns and usually carries a pistol. He usually drives a pickup truck. I have been told he might be a Sex Offender from another State. He lives in a trailor at 6046 LINEBERGER RD, DENVER, NC 28037.

If you have been ripped off by him contact me because we are working with the NC Attorney Generals Office about him on consumer fraud charges.

For more info email me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 4 Tim Wallace reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Harry

Oct 01, 2010 #196084

*** men like this person give real licensed HVAC people bad reps. Guess what Tim Wallace I have to pay a ton of money for insurance, advertising, etc while trash like you just operate illegally stealing from people giving the industry a bad name. Go back to flipping burgers or laying in your *** and puke in your trailor and let us men do HVAC work.

Tim

Oct 01, 2010 #196079

I know Tim. And yes he lives in a single-wide trailor. He is a ***. Everytime you see him it looks like a drunk that just rolled out of a garbage can looking for food. Can't you tell from looking at him to not hire him??

Larry

Sep 23, 2010 #193322

He got me in 2007. Paid deposit and he never returned to do job. Police said they could not do anything.

Kelly

Sep 14, 2010 #189695

I have his new number (704-201). Email me. kellydargins@accountant.com

Maurice

Sep 09, 2010 #187906

TW Wallace. Guy ain't no better than a $5 crack *** - do anything to get his next fix. He tells people he knows plumbing, electric, specializes in HVAC, painting, decks - you name it. Ain't licensed, insured or anything. Screwed aunt out of money. Used to operate with a 704-995-6337 number that was disconnected last summer. Then operated under 704-483-4595 which he screened the calls. Now that number is diconnected. Anyone know his new number let me know.

Jason

Sep 04, 2010 #186289

You should find out if he is on Parole and speak with his Parole Officer if he is really going around swindling people. Go speak to local prosecutor and get their advice.

DMD

Sep 02, 2010 #184987

Comment about brushing his teeth with BBQ spare ribs is so true. The guy is like 40 and all his teeth are rotted and he looks like he is 70. Lesson is, don't do drugs kids or you will turn out like him living alone in a single-wide trailor in the middle of nowhere, pennyless and left to scamming honest hardworking decent people.

Karen

Sep 02, 2010 #184965

Looks like junkie from the pic. I would not let him in my house. Good luck. :eek

Mountain Man

Sep 01, 2010 #184185

Delinquent on his property taxes from 2009. Can't pay anyone I guess and steals until he wears out welcome. Guess he wont pay Catawba County taxes and when they come after him like other he stole from he will just move his 1978 Tidewell Trailor house and pull his scams elsewhere.

John

Sep 01, 2010 #184152

I had AC trouble and someone refered a Tim Wallace to me a year back. Looks like same guy. Anyway, he says my whole AC is no good and rights a quote to install a brand new Goodman for $2000 yet says he can't pull a permit becuase he has no license. He asks me for $1500 upfront to pay for AC and then $500 for labor when done. Yeh, right!!! I call another company and they said you just need 3 lbs of freon and its been working fine ever since. Any response Wallace tw4511@yahoo.com.

Laura

Aug 31, 2010 #183635

Easy way to slove this is for Tim Wallace to directly respond. Come on Tim TW4511@yahoo.com What do you have to say about installing a non-compatible Goodman Coil in a Rheem system and it nver working and charging $1000.

Promod

Aug 31, 2010 #183520

Give me break, just Google "tim wallace scam" and look at the dozens of things about the guy. If Tim is so honest and religious then call people and deal fair and give her refund for faulty and fraudulent work he did.

Michelle

Aug 30, 2010 #183307

Just for the know it all Freddie. I am not this Mr. Wallace nor have I ever been. You talk of comments being just minutes apart. Then you must be Mrs. Reed and promob due to the fact that these posts are just minutes apart. I know Mr. Wallace. He is not a drug user and has never been a drug user nor is he a sex offender here or any where else. God have mercy on you for your actions. We all have to answer for what we do, including how we treat each other. Does it make you all feel better about yourself to put someone down the way you are doing? Talking trash about them. If you aren't satisfied with one's work then condemn their work. You are going on a personal attack. Is it worth it? Tim Wallace has never done work for me but he has sat beside me in Church for many a year. He does not take advantage of the elderly or any such things. It's like the pot calling the kettle black when you talk about someone based on their appearance. A decent human being would not make these type of remarks. If you are so superior why did you not check references/license and record before hiring someone. I have to agree with C on the part of you being partly to blame. Common sense goes a long way. I'm done with wasting my time on people of this mindset. I hope that Mr. Wallace takes the decent path and sues everyone on this site for Slander.

Bow Wow of lake Norman

Aug 30, 2010 #183252

I know the dude. Looks like he brushes his teeth with a sloppy rack of B-B-Q ribs - all nasty and brown, green, red. Teeth missing, nasty breath. Nasty due. Did'nt know he was *** man too.

C

Aug 30, 2010 #183021

TW has been working area a long time doing little jobs here and their. If you hired him to do your AC are you partly to blame. I sorry but just look at the guy, he looks like he just rolled out of a dumpster. Greasy long hair in a pig tail. Look at his teeth and he is only 47. You don't hire someone like him to fix a thousand dollar machine. I believe statement about drugs too, the guy chain smokes for years.

Promob of Charlotte

Aug 30, 2010 #182954

I paid this gentlemen to do work on my windows. Paid him in full and he sent you kid to do work. Never finished and kept the money. Called many times and left messages. :sigh

Michelle Reed

Aug 30, 2010 #182941

I livd in house Mr. Wallace supposibly 'fixed' the AC system in the post. It never worked. From day 1. He returned over and over again and it never worked yet I know he came and charged for each visit. I was the renter. yes, I saw track marks and his arms too. Don't know about sex offender. He was very freaky looking guy and I was scared to have my kids around him.

Freddie

Aug 30, 2010 #182936

I know of this TW and yes he is definately a scam artist and steals money from helpless people. I know he installed the wrong part on an AC unit and installed it wrong and the system kept breaking and he would come for numerous service calls saying you need Freon. He is not licensed. Posts by Michelle and Marion, mere minutes apart are actually Tim Wallace

Michelle

Aug 29, 2010 #182782

Reading this article has been very entertaining. It amazes me the links people will go to when upset. My advice to anyone posting complaints via the internet is to be very careful and think your actions through. Posting things like someone being a Suspected sex offender and Suspected drug addict is a lawsuit waiting to happen. These are serious accusations that slander individuals and unless there is proof can also cost the accuser a great deal of time and money in a court of law. Deflamation of character and Slander are charges that the courts take very seriously and posting pictures after doing so only makes their case stronger. People must not realize that once something is put on the internet it remains there. Lawyers know this and also have access to URL addresses to find those responsible. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that kind of information along with an address without proof. You had a repair job done by this idividual 3 years ago. You have never complained until now. At this time you have sent numerous emails in a span of 4 to 5 days demanding a refund plus extra or you would start your trashing of his reputation. The legal term is extortion. If you have a warranty on said repaired part it would have been honored as long as it was still under said warranty.

0 1 Reply
marion

Aug 29, 2010 #182777

mr wallace has worked on 3 units for me and have had no problems with them i have seen his cfc license. the pitcher you posted is from 2007 this 2010 you put this up 3 years after to me looks like it worked for a long time.

1-20 of 29 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Tim Wallace.
Filing a new complaint about
×