Dr. Tim Henehan veternarian
I had to put my dog to sleep. It has been one of the hardest days of my life. I decided it would be best to have a veternarian come to my home instead of having her have to ride in a car and be euthanized at my vet s office instead of her home. Dr. Henehan was a vet I found on the internet. He was the only one who could fit me in that day. He came to my home late and seemed to be in a hurry. When my sweet and affectionate dog approached him he backed up and NEVER once pet her to let her know he was ok. My dog is the biggest baby doll in the world!!! His first words were where do you want this done. I asked that he examine her. He felt her stomach and said yes it is bad....that was the extent of the exam. Then when she was laying on the floor he LEANED toward her from a standing position and jabbed her deeply with the needle to sedate her. It was painful for her and I think he hit her bone. He made no adjustments to how he was using the needle. She never felt needles in the past BUT SHE DID THIS ONE. He just said she did not know what it was. Then before I knew it ...just a few minutes later.....he did a HEART STAB to put her to sleep. For those of you who do not know what this is....look it up! It should ALWAYS be the LAST attempt to put a dog to sleep. No vet or shelter uses this method unless all attempts to get a vein fail. He NEVER tried a vein. It is incredibly hard on their body and it IS POSSIBLE they feel the horrible horrifying effect of the stab. During this who process my dog seizured 4 to 6 times so violently that her bottom canines were embedded in her upper gums. For burial I tried to pull them out and COULD NOT. He told me she seizured because she was a hyper dog. My vet told me he has NEVER had a dog seizure during euthanasia and being hyper has nothing to do with it. Now this is the last memory I have of my pet. It is so heartbreaking for me to think of how she felt for her last moments. I could say more about this horrible visit but I will not. I just want to warn everyone not to use this vet for a euthanasia or any delicate situation where your dog s life is at stake, My hope is that I can prevent the same type of pain he inflicted on me and my dog in our final moments together for others.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Veternary Services
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "On September 13th 2011, I bought an AKC registered female from Ms. Morningstar for $2500 on co-ownership with the promise Ms. Morningstar to sign off with full payment or puppy..."
- "Boarded a horse at this facility in 2011. My horse was in TOP physical condition prior to boarding my horse at this facility. In approximately 15-20 days, my horse lost..."
- "Your recent commercial with the dead chicken cacasses as string puppets entertaining children is disgusting. These were once living animals and a poor example for children. If animals are..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."