Hired mason through Thumbtack to fix brick steps.He left mortar all over bricks which can't be removed.
I tried a chisel, acid wash, sandpaper; everything. I will now have to replace all the bricks - will cost thousands to replace. Their customer service rep said (phone conversation 11/5/16) Thumbtack's property guarantee doesn't apply because a brick wasn't broken. The mason I hired (through their site) should come out and clean up the brick.
He further stated that had a brick been broken or a railing busted, it would apply. I told him my property WAS damaged as I have to replace the steps due to their mason's work. Their mason is refusing to return my calls.
Other masons have told me the steps have to be replaced now since the mortar has hardened into the pores of the bricks.It will cost me thousands.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "It may be a coincedence but I kinda doubt it .... Albany and Brooklyn are like two hours from each other ... I find it hard to believe that someone..."
- "I am a photographer in the Phoenix area. I have been TRYING to use thumbtack for almost two years now. I have done everything I could possibly do to make..."
- "I own a junk hauling company and use thumbtack to send quotes to customers. On their website it states that "junk removal" cost 2 credits. I have sent serveral quotes..."
- "I purchase a box of scented trash bags from GLAD. Every single trash bag was defective, leaving garbage juice to leak all over my kitchen floor. Worse yet, I'm pregnant..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "Terrible quality, where is the consumer action lawsuit? ..."
- "Bought my 2011 Chrysler 300 in December 2011. Have been in Dealership Service 10 times for a "collection" of issues...The Dealership I use is NOT who I am complaining..."