Hired mason through Thumbtack to fix brick steps.He left mortar all over bricks which can't be removed.
I tried a chisel, acid wash, sandpaper; everything. I will now have to replace all the bricks - will cost thousands to replace. Their customer service rep said (phone conversation 11/5/16) Thumbtack's property guarantee doesn't apply because a brick wasn't broken. The mason I hired (through their site) should come out and clean up the brick.
He further stated that had a brick been broken or a railing busted, it would apply. I told him my property WAS damaged as I have to replace the steps due to their mason's work. Their mason is refusing to return my calls.
Other masons have told me the steps have to be replaced now since the mortar has hardened into the pores of the bricks.It will cost me thousands.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I have already quoted close to 20 and have no work. Got one response, which never turned into a client. I have a Masters Degree, 25 years experience, and my..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover..."
- "Terrible quality, where is the consumer action lawsuit? ..."
- "Stopped off at the Napa in Loganville and waited 20 minutes for someone to help me. I finally gave up & went to Advance & was helped right away. There..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."