We hired a cleaning professional from the Thumbtack web site to clean our apartment on a regular basis as we have a new baby. The cleaning professional was initially OK, but as time went on they did a poor job so we had to get rid of them. In one memorable text message, this cleaning company expressed their disfavor about our going on vacation...... at first, we thought it was a weird sort of joke. We, then, to our horror, figured out that they wanted to charge us a penalty for going on vacation in order to compensate them for the missed work! It was at that juncture that we fired them.

There were other issues with the cleaning company as well. The cleaners had encouraged us to pay in cash, even though checks were accepted. We obligingly paid them in cash most of the time, but noticed that, other than the very first time they cleaned, they would not give a receipt. When we fired them, we demanded a receipt for all of our payments, but never received one.

We contacted Thumbtack to complain. Among other things, we asked Thumbtack to remove our initial (positive) review about the cleaners, or to allow us to update the review with new information. Thumbtack refused. Thumbtack customer service passed us on to the “Marketplace Integrity Team.” We spoke with a team member, Ryan Orton and, then, with a team manager, Jody (who refused to provide her last name).

Both Ryan and Jody told us that Thumbtack’s goal in publishing reviews online is to strengthen the community by providing feedback to potential customers. We even forwarded the memorable text message concerning our vacation to the Marketplace Integrity Team, but Thumbtack refused to change the original review. We also asked Thumbtack to help us get a receipt from the cleaners for all of the payments we had made.

Thumbtack would not do anything, despite the obvious potential danger that this cleaning company represents to future customers. We feel as if the name, “Marketplace Integrity Team” is highly misleading.

Review about: Thumbtack Cleaning Services.

I liked: Social media.

I didn't like: Customer service.

2.0
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Thumbtack Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Submit review

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1276288

DOES THIS SURPRISE YOU-!?!??

THUMBTACK IS A SCAM-SMOKE AND MIRRORS-AND YOU'RE WEARING ROSE COLORED GLASSES-