Thumbtack "Marketplace Integrity Team" (part of customer service) is useless
We hired a cleaning professional from the Thumbtack web site to clean our apartment on a regular basis as we have a new baby. The cleaning professional was initially OK, but as time went on they did a poor job so we had to get rid of them. In one memorable text message, this cleaning company expressed their disfavor about our going on vacation...... at first, we thought it was a weird sort of joke. We, then, to our horror, figured out that they wanted to charge us a penalty for going on vacation in order to compensate them for the missed work! It was at that juncture that we fired them.
There were other issues with the cleaning company as well. The cleaners had encouraged us to pay in cash, even though checks were accepted. We obligingly paid them in cash most of the time, but noticed that, other than the very first time they cleaned, they would not give a receipt. When we fired them, we demanded a receipt for all of our payments, but never received one.
We contacted Thumbtack to complain. Among other things, we asked Thumbtack to remove our initial (positive) review about the cleaners, or to allow us to update the review with new information. Thumbtack refused. Thumbtack customer service passed us on to the “Marketplace Integrity Team.” We spoke with a team member, Ryan Orton and, then, with a team manager, Jody (who refused to provide her last name).
Both Ryan and Jody told us that Thumbtack’s goal in publishing reviews online is to strengthen the community by providing feedback to potential customers. We even forwarded the memorable text message concerning our vacation to the Marketplace Integrity Team, but Thumbtack refused to change the original review. We also asked Thumbtack to help us get a receipt from the cleaners for all of the payments we had made.
Thumbtack would not do anything, despite the obvious potential danger that this cleaning company represents to future customers. We feel as if the name, “Marketplace Integrity Team” is highly misleading.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Social media
What I disliked
- Customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Beware! Eric does not clean carpets well. You must watch him and be there constantly. If you leave the house forget it. He is lazy and is not thorough. He..."
- "It may be a coincedence but I kinda doubt it .... Albany and Brooklyn are like two hours from each other ... I find it hard to believe that someone..."
- "I have never used Thumbtack, so when I stumbled upon it while looking for a caterer recently, I was intrigued. The caterer I chose from the site had won..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "Person said, they were in the military and had to sell the motorcycle fast for they were about to deploy over seas. The ad was for 1500, so I offered..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated.If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn..."
- "Little Caesars 1113- C Silas Creek Pkwy Winston- Salem, NC. 336- 750- 0888 is Consistantly rude from order to pickup. On top of that they served raw dough for their..."