Thumbtack "Marketplace Integrity Team" (part of customer service) is useless
We hired a cleaning professional from the Thumbtack web site to clean our apartment on a regular basis as we have a new baby. The cleaning professional was initially OK, but as time went on they did a poor job so we had to get rid of them. In one memorable text message, this cleaning company expressed their disfavor about our going on vacation...... at first, we thought it was a weird sort of joke. We, then, to our horror, figured out that they wanted to charge us a penalty for going on vacation in order to compensate them for the missed work! It was at that juncture that we fired them.
There were other issues with the cleaning company as well. The cleaners had encouraged us to pay in cash, even though checks were accepted. We obligingly paid them in cash most of the time, but noticed that, other than the very first time they cleaned, they would not give a receipt. When we fired them, we demanded a receipt for all of our payments, but never received one.
We contacted Thumbtack to complain. Among other things, we asked Thumbtack to remove our initial (positive) review about the cleaners, or to allow us to update the review with new information. Thumbtack refused. Thumbtack customer service passed us on to the “Marketplace Integrity Team.” We spoke with a team member, Ryan Orton and, then, with a team manager, Jody (who refused to provide her last name).
Both Ryan and Jody told us that Thumbtack’s goal in publishing reviews online is to strengthen the community by providing feedback to potential customers. We even forwarded the memorable text message concerning our vacation to the Marketplace Integrity Team, but Thumbtack refused to change the original review. We also asked Thumbtack to help us get a receipt from the cleaners for all of the payments we had made.
Thumbtack would not do anything, despite the obvious potential danger that this cleaning company represents to future customers. We feel as if the name, “Marketplace Integrity Team” is highly misleading.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Social media
What I disliked
- Customer service
You May Also Like
- "I contracted with a company called America's Choice Construction through Thumbtack's website. The CEO of the company had previously spent 10 years in jail for fraud. When I contracted with..."
- "My client robbed me of over $5,000 in work. When the first phase of the project was completed, she suddenly claimed I hadn't done the work (even though she..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with in all my life!DO NOT USE DO NOT USE DO NOT USE, I can't say it enough!They sent a..."
- "I opened an account with BB&T for $125 bonus, they said I didn't qualify after waiting for 5 months of being assured it was on its way. So I try..."
- "We purchased a 2014 Forest River Palomino Puma In August 2014. Six months later the carpet was saturated on the slide out by the dining bunk. After several trips to..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."