As mentioned I have reduced the amount of time, effort and money spent on Thumbtack.There seems to be no urgency to assure that clients are aware of the level of professionalism they can expect from the vendors they are promoting.
The current model emphasizes the cheapest rate a client can find with no regard to quality. I honestly hate to think of the amount of brides and grooms that have lost the one chance to capture the moment so they may have cherished images to look back on for the rest of their lives. Nothing worse than forever having to look at your wedding day and cry because the part time or beginning photographer was in it for the money without regards to the harm they may cause. Everyone has to start somewhere but taking on weddings before your ready is not the place.
Instead of taking $300 to practice at someones wedding they should be working under a professional to hone their skills till they are proficient enough to assure the job can be done properly. Not ruining the moment and satisfaction of a lifetime for others out of greed while you practice. In this business everything should be about the bride and the groom. The money should always be secondary.
Passion should be the motivator.
With passion for excellence and customer satisfaction the money will be sure to follow.This is how I've managed to strive in the most competitive market in the world.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor business model
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Wedding Photography
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I own a junk hauling company and use thumbtack to send quotes to customers. On their website it states that "junk removal" cost 2 credits. I have sent serveral quotes..."
- "My client robbed me of over $5,000 in work. When the first phase of the project was completed, she suddenly claimed I hadn't done the work (even though she..."
- "Greetings everyone! I am the owner of a marketing agency in Central New Jersey. I've responded to two quote requests on Thumbtack for website design/development services. I've got contacted both..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."