As mentioned I have reduced the amount of time, effort and money spent on Thumbtack.There seems to be no urgency to assure that clients are aware of the level of professionalism they can expect from the vendors they are promoting.
The current model emphasizes the cheapest rate a client can find with no regard to quality. I honestly hate to think of the amount of brides and grooms that have lost the one chance to capture the moment so they may have cherished images to look back on for the rest of their lives. Nothing worse than forever having to look at your wedding day and cry because the part time or beginning photographer was in it for the money without regards to the harm they may cause. Everyone has to start somewhere but taking on weddings before your ready is not the place.
Instead of taking $300 to practice at someones wedding they should be working under a professional to hone their skills till they are proficient enough to assure the job can be done properly. Not ruining the moment and satisfaction of a lifetime for others out of greed while you practice. In this business everything should be about the bride and the groom. The money should always be secondary.
Passion should be the motivator.
With passion for excellence and customer satisfaction the money will be sure to follow.This is how I've managed to strive in the most competitive market in the world.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor business model
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Wedding Photography
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I found a PHOTOBOOTH guy who was to do my guest book through thumbtack. I signed the contract and paid him in full but he never showed and never returned..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "I guess I should have checked more closely on the return/exchange policy. I wear size 8 1/2 shoes and I purchased size 39 shoes which relay into a size 9..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."