As mentioned I have reduced the amount of time, effort and money spent on Thumbtack.There seems to be no urgency to assure that clients are aware of the level of professionalism they can expect from the vendors they are promoting.
The current model emphasizes the cheapest rate a client can find with no regard to quality. I honestly hate to think of the amount of brides and grooms that have lost the one chance to capture the moment so they may have cherished images to look back on for the rest of their lives. Nothing worse than forever having to look at your wedding day and cry because the part time or beginning photographer was in it for the money without regards to the harm they may cause. Everyone has to start somewhere but taking on weddings before your ready is not the place.
Instead of taking $300 to practice at someones wedding they should be working under a professional to hone their skills till they are proficient enough to assure the job can be done properly. Not ruining the moment and satisfaction of a lifetime for others out of greed while you practice. In this business everything should be about the bride and the groom. The money should always be secondary.
Passion should be the motivator.
With passion for excellence and customer satisfaction the money will be sure to follow.This is how I've managed to strive in the most competitive market in the world.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor business model
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Wedding Photography
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have already quoted close to 20 and have no work. Got one response, which never turned into a client. I have a Masters Degree, 25 years experience, and my..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I own a junk hauling company and use thumbtack to send quotes to customers. On their website it states that "junk removal" cost 2 credits. I have sent serveral quotes..."
- "I guess I should have checked more closely on the return/exchange policy. I wear size 8 1/2 shoes and I purchased size 39 shoes which relay into a size 9..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "This was my first time ordering from fanatics only to learn to just buy from the actual nba store or lakers store next time. They sent me a woman's kobe..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."