Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina

Bullcitymoversplus located in Raleigh N.C., is in effect a front for a criminal organization, that insisted on cash only, left two refrigerators behind, broke our main tv, failed to adequately move all our items, they lied about coming back and getting the rest of our goods, they quoted us a price of 1075, insisted on getting paid only in CASH before getting job, most likely do not report income to the IRS, and then wanted 300 more dollars to come back and get the remainder of contents, which was fraudulent mover because they quoted us 1075 only through their advertiser and accomplice Thumbtack, Inc., located in Salt Lake City, Utah.Although Thumbtack recommended and vouched for them, they refused to hold Bullcitymoversplus, which we since learned is not even a registered company in NC.

Beware of the scammers Bullcitymovers and Thumbtack, Inc.There are several venues that we are going to report these fraud based company and the non-company including the IRS, BBB, MOVINGSCAM.COM, AND ETC.

They left a priceless piano, and illegally, without our consent took pictures of our house violating the sacred 'Castle Doctrine' which is enforced in all 50 states in the USA.Henceforth, given all the fraud, and theft, criminal charges may be brought against the non-registered company Bullcitymoverplus and their associates and accomplices Thumbtack, Inc.

Review about: Thumbtack Pros.

I didn't like: Are a scam, Most of their clients are not pros and not even businesses, I got ripped off big time, Charging for each quote, Leads sent to professionals.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss The thiefs upon arrival insisted on cash only to further their fraudulent business practices / $2300
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Submit review

Comments

With all of your "legal citations and law quoting", let me ask you a very basic question.Why did you proceed to deal with a firm which demanded CASH ONLY and UPFRONT?

Seriously, anyone with a ounce of sense would have sent ""the movers packing"" (pun intended).

How many red flags do you need to be presented with before you stand up for yourself and refuse to BECOME a victim?I am not defending their business practices in anyway, but you need to listen to that little voice in your head which obviously is now screaming AFTER the use of this firm.

to Anonymous #1043635

How about this? Thumbtack starts screening their service "pros" ?(pun intended) That way situations like this (which are constant) stop happening.