Thumbtack - The worst businessman I have met

223 of 1109 Thumbtack reviews

On 6/18/2016, I hired Leak-Tech-Specialist to take a free roof estimation and fix roof leaking right away if it is possible at my home.I got company information from Thumbtack.

I have a three stories home.

There are some leaks on the second story ceiling and drywall after heavy rains. Those leaking areas are just beneath my third floor balcony. Previously there are some companies came in and took a look. They could not give me certain diagnose for this problem.

Mr. Jean Travis from Leak-Tech-Specialist accessed to the third floor attic and found out there is a small area leaking on the roof. He is pretty confidence that second floor leaking caused by this. He worked around 1 hour and sealed the leaking and other possible leaking area.

He charged me $750.00 cash and 10 years warranty for this service. After that I have talk to my friends and searched on the internet. I also called some other companies. Their service fee is different from Mr.

Jean Travis. Lei Roofing will charge me $350.00 depend on the leaking area. Another company, G.T.O will charge me from $275 to $750 depend on leaking area. So, I fell Leak-Tech-Specialist charge me too much.

I wrote to Mr. Jean Travis about this. We bargained several times. Finally we got an agreement that both of us could accepted.

I will get $300.00 refund without warranty (because the ceiling still leaks after heavy rain, which indicated the leaking is not mainly from roof). While my real nightmare starts from this. Mr. Jean Travis said he had sent out check to me at least three times, 6/27/16, 7/7/16 and 7/14/16.

I have not received it because he made mistake on my mailing address. He promised to send it again. But I did not receive it again. I wrote and called to Mr.

Jean Travis. This time he even blocked my phone and did not reply to me.

Now I am in a very bad situation, no refund and no warranty.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees

Reason of review:
No refund, no warranty and roof still leaks
Preferred solution:
Refund me. I do not trust company's work
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Roof Repairing
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #889792 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
223 of 1109 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about
×