Thumbtack - Suspicion about the leads

481 of 1109 Thumbtack reviews

I am catering company, most of my client find me outside Thumbtack! Anyway I try it and find a lot of good leads that was made for me, I send 22 leads in 3 days, All come negative most of them doesn't respond, the other leads are canceled by the client. When I ask Thumbtack about canceled lead, they respond, look like the client go another way, How do they know that? because me I just see "Quote has been read" nothing more, also most of the least doesn't make sense like people send lead for 50 people catering with $1500 budget total with Budget per person of $45 ($45 x 50 = $2250) and most of the lead are like that! Anyway I talk to Thumbtack tell them I will stop buying leads because in 22 Leads no one responding or cancel their lead after we pay for it...Shortly after, a Miracle, a client finally respond on one lead and write me this: (I Copy/Paste message I receive)

"Thank you so much for reaching out with your detailed information and custom proposal/quote. I appreciate it enormously. For this occasion I have decided to go another route, so unfortunately I won't get to work with you now, but I will absolutely keep your business in mind for any future event! I will mention that I stumbled upon this website purely by accident, and without it I would never have learned about your fantastic catering service. Your effort to offer a high quality, minimum cost event with delicious hors d'oeuvre really stands out commendably. I would be delighted to work with you in the future."

Don't you thing that look suspicious, look so perfect, I not even make any business for that person, How she know I provide High quality and Delicious hors d'oeuvre , she never eat them or I not send any picture of my food. That Message come just after I decide to stop using Thumbtack. Well Maybe it's real message but for me look too much perfect and it's the only response I got from 22 leads. Also the person doesn't exist nowhere not even on Facebook, most of the people who send leads are no way to find! Anyway Just for say I will Understand if one or 2 client doesn't respond but 22 leads? why people will not respond for service they asking for? Just beware! Sound not real all this!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
481 of 1109 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 19 #1175069

Thanks you for sharing your review. I wondered if most or many of their leads were fake.

0 0 Reply

Feb 18 #1113721

I think the leads are bots and/or fake. I'm a photobooth business and I would quote ridiculously low prices and would never get a response. Thumbtack seems shady to me. I won't be spending my marketing budget on them anymore.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.