Robbed By Client - Thumbtack Didn't Care

327 of 1111 Thumbtack reviews

My client robbed me of over $5,000 in work. When the first phase of the project was completed, she suddenly claimed I hadn't done the work (even though she had been very happy with everything I'd been doing, the contract clearly outlines what I was supposed to do, and I even did a lot of extra work over and above the contract). She happily used the work I did for her, though, even as she refused to pay me. My client also said she had fired other designers during their contracts, and claimed they hadn't done the work either; I believed her until she did the same thing to me.

I contacted Thumbtack, worried that she would continue exploiting designers on the site. They didn't even want the emails between us, copies of the work I did, or the contract between us. They contacted my former client, believed her garbage (I assume), and told me they were going to monitor MY account to make sure my clients were happy in the future!

Obviously, I deleted my account.

Be warned, designers. It all sounds fine until you realize you're just trusting a stranger with no accountability. And suing my client would've been too expensive (who knew our legal system was that absurd?), so, in the end, I was robbed of over $5,000 in work and the time I wasted when I could've been working on proper contracts.

I strongly recommend you avoid this site.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Terrible quote system

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Professional Services
review #845535

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
327 of 1111 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
UnhappyProfessional1

Sep 21 #1216480

I had a client not pay and Thumbtack did the same thing, only went a step further and called me a liar by putting words in my mouth and saying that I said something I didn't in my initial phone call about the nonpayment!
They want to keep non-paying customers and don't care if they rip off more pros as long as they are still making money from the bids they submit..
UNBELIEVABLY DECEPTIVE!
on their part!
I now wonder how many times this person has taken advantage of the other professionals on Thumbtack!.?

0 0 Reply

May 11 #1157483

thumbtack does not check or confirm that the companies providing work or license I've noticed that a majority of the companies providing work are not licensed and probably not I'm sure either,

0 0 Reply

May 11 #1157262

If you have a signed contract. Go down to the courthouse and put a lein on the property.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about
×