My client robbed me of over $5,000 in work. When the first phase of the project was completed, she suddenly claimed I hadn't done the work (even though she had been very happy with everything I'd been doing, the contract clearly outlines what I was supposed to do, and I even did a lot of extra work over and above the contract). She happily used the work I did for her, though, even as she refused to pay me. My client also said she had fired other designers during their contracts, and claimed they hadn't done the work either; I believed her until she did the same thing to me.
I contacted Thumbtack, worried that she would continue exploiting designers on the site. They didn't even want the emails between us, copies of the work I did, or the contract between us. They contacted my former client, believed her garbage (I assume), and told me they were going to monitor MY account to make sure my clients were happy in the future!
Obviously, I deleted my account.
Be warned, designers. It all sounds fine until you realize you're just trusting a stranger with no accountability. And suing my client would've been too expensive (who knew our legal system was that absurd?), so, in the end, I was robbed of over $5,000 in work and the time I wasted when I could've been working on proper contracts.
I strongly recommend you avoid this site.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Bad clients
- Exploitation of designers
- Terrible quote system
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It may be a coincedence but I kinda doubt it .... Albany and Brooklyn are like two hours from each other ... I find it hard to believe that someone..."
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."
- "I contacted thumbtack to inform them I left a fake review. Their response was they wanted to maintain integrity so they wont remove it. Its unfathomable, the stupidty of that..."
- "This company is unethical. Let me explain why. If you order a new piece of furniture chances are you will receive a used piece. If it does not arrive at..."
- "I have been a owner for 10 yrs. we have a studio every other year. When we bought in 2005 they show you a big studio with walk in shower..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "I purchased a dining room set from Bad boy, and requested delivery and set up after hours. They sold me the dining room set and delivered on time, however, the..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."