Review about Thumbtack Bidding from Orinda, California
Update added by user Sep 18
Yes, here's the proof..
Months later they are still sending fake leads!
Look at photos and decide for yourself..
Original review posted by user Jan 27
I am out of the Charlotte, NC service area and of course, I am having issues which is why I am viewing this thread to begin with.
I have spent almost $100 in the last 3 weeks and have not got 1 single job!
Looking back over my account for the past four years, I have only been hired by 5 clients- two of which cancelled last minute, but never rescheduled although, they did state when canceling by email "This is a service that I am VERY Interested in!" (suspect in itself ), and one who wasn't even at the residence when I arrived and didn't answer when I called or texted. I have spent far more money than I have made and I feel as though it has been a waste of time! And Money!
.... I have children to support and cant afford to flush money down the 'you-know'..
I have been to many homes to give an estimate and the square footage would be around 5,000sqft. when the highest option Thumbtack gives the customer to choose from is 3,000. I have lost many jobs this way and have contacted Thumbtack several times and they have not changed their form. Many other questions are misleading and have yet to be corrected as well!
If The professional was at all important to Thumbtack this would not be the case and I'm starting to think they are all about making money, and are most likely generating false leads in order to get more money!
Many times the same person will request service for the same thing ex. House Cleaning (One Time)
House Cleaning (Recurring)
House Cleaning (Move in/Move Out)
Many of which a different # of Bedrooms, Bathrooms or Sqft have been selected as if the person forgot what they had previously selected.. if you actually live there you know exactly how many Bedrooms etc. you have!
Also, when you bid on one of those you are now up against 10-15 other companies, not the 3-5 they tell you before you reply. When you bid on two of them, without realizing, your paying double to bid on the same job!
When I Googled the people from past quotes, They Dont Exist!
I think we've been had!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Bidding
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Beware! Eric does not clean carpets well. You must watch him and be there constantly. If you leave the house forget it. He is lazy and is not thorough. He..."
- "I had a bad experience with a roofer that they have listed on their site. This is ARH Roof Repair out of Thornton, Colorado. The owner, Rick, smeared..."
- "Hollo This is D&R General Contractor Corp. I strongly believe the leads I have been sent via email are all fake.I responded within the moment I receive the email and every..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."