Review about Thumbtack Bidding from Orinda, California
Update added by user Sep 18, 2016
Yes, here's the proof..
Months later they are still sending fake leads!
Look at photos and decide for yourself..
Original review posted by user Jan 27, 2016
I am out of the Charlotte, NC service area and of course, I am having issues which is why I am viewing this thread to begin with.
I have spent almost $100 in the last 3 weeks and have not got 1 single job!
Looking back over my account for the past four years, I have only been hired by 5 clients- two of which cancelled last minute, but never rescheduled although, they did state when canceling by email "This is a service that I am VERY Interested in!" (suspect in itself ), and one who wasn't even at the residence when I arrived and didn't answer when I called or texted. I have spent far more money than I have made and I feel as though it has been a waste of time! And Money!
.... I have children to support and cant afford to flush money down the 'you-know'..
I have been to many homes to give an estimate and the square footage would be around 5,000sqft. when the highest option Thumbtack gives the customer to choose from is 3,000. I have lost many jobs this way and have contacted Thumbtack several times and they have not changed their form. Many other questions are misleading and have yet to be corrected as well!
If The professional was at all important to Thumbtack this would not be the case and I'm starting to think they are all about making money, and are most likely generating false leads in order to get more money!
Many times the same person will request service for the same thing ex. House Cleaning (One Time)
House Cleaning (Recurring)
House Cleaning (Move in/Move Out)
Many of which a different # of Bedrooms, Bathrooms or Sqft have been selected as if the person forgot what they had previously selected.. if you actually live there you know exactly how many Bedrooms etc. you have!
Also, when you bid on one of those you are now up against 10-15 other companies, not the 3-5 they tell you before you reply. When you bid on two of them, without realizing, your paying double to bid on the same job!
When I Googled the people from past quotes, They Dont Exist!
I think we've been had!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Bidding
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Greetings everyone! I am the owner of a marketing agency in Central New Jersey. I've responded to two quote requests on Thumbtack for website design/development services. I've got contacted both..."
- "I had a guy name dave come to my house .company named Boston best junk and trash removal....he gave me a estimate and took a $1000 down payment and never..."
- "I am catering company, most of my client find me outside Thumbtack! Anyway I try it and find a lot of good leads that was made for me, I send..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "Now is 16 Jan 20:40p.m.!!!!!Again again and again confirmed pick up but not appear!! What is Qxpress doing? See it yourself, until now the status is confirmed!! BUT NO PICKUP..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."