Review about Thumbtack Bidding from Orinda, California

497 of 1108 Thumbtack reviews

Update added by user Sep 18

Yes, here's the proof..

Months later they are still sending fake leads!

Look at photos and decide for yourself..

Original review posted by user Jan 27

I am out of the Charlotte, NC service area and of course, I am having issues which is why I am viewing this thread to begin with.

I have spent almost $100 in the last 3 weeks and have not got 1 single job!

Looking back over my account for the past four years, I have only been hired by 5 clients- two of which cancelled last minute, but never rescheduled although, they did state when canceling by email "This is a service that I am VERY Interested in!" (suspect in itself ), and one who wasn't even at the residence when I arrived and didn't answer when I called or texted. I have spent far more money than I have made and I feel as though it has been a waste of time! And Money!

.... I have children to support and cant afford to flush money down the 'you-know'..

I have been to many homes to give an estimate and the square footage would be around 5,000sqft. when the highest option Thumbtack gives the customer to choose from is 3,000. I have lost many jobs this way and have contacted Thumbtack several times and they have not changed their form. Many other questions are misleading and have yet to be corrected as well!

If The professional was at all important to Thumbtack this would not be the case and I'm starting to think they are all about making money, and are most likely generating false leads in order to get more money!

Many times the same person will request service for the same thing ex. House Cleaning (One Time)

House Cleaning (Recurring)

House Cleaning (Move in/Move Out)

Many of which a different # of Bedrooms, Bathrooms or Sqft have been selected as if the person forgot what they had previously selected.. if you actually live there you know exactly how many Bedrooms etc. you have!

Also, when you bid on one of those you are now up against 10-15 other companies, not the 3-5 they tell you before you reply. When you bid on two of them, without realizing, your paying double to bid on the same job!

When I Googled the people from past quotes, They Dont Exist!

I think we've been had!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
497 of 1108 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Michael_G_is_MAD

Sep 18 #1214685 Orinda, California, United States

Read my review...
My niece gathered email addresses and other personal information for Thumbtack as part of a fundraiser to pay for cheerleading camp.
Everyone in the family began to receive estimates from different businesses wanting to do jobs at our homes... so far I have seen quotes from painting, cleaning, carpet cleaning, landscaping, event planning and floor installation services...
We never signed up for any of this!
We weren't allowed to respond to the business owners to let them know about the situation, but were however able to select cancel on a few, but not all.
Hope this answers your question about how the requests are being generated... Our information continues to be used to this day and we have opted out multiple times

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about
×