Review about Thumbtack Bidding from Hartsville, South Carolina

487 of 1101 Thumbtack reviews

I wanted to add something to my previous review..

Firstly, I do still believe Thumbtack creates Fake Requests!

Okay, so i did finally get hired by someone (we have an appointment), keep in mind this doesnt mean i will actually do the job, i.e. many others "hired" me only to cancel the app. just before.

But! Thumbtack will not let me click Hired.. says i must wait the full 24-72 hours before i can mark myself as Hired.

This means 4 other Professionals will be allowed to bid & spend money for nothing!

Thumbtack wants that money!

I have wondered before if this is what was happening to me when bidding ( was someone else already chosen..? )

Now i know the truth!

Its not okay!

Once someone is hired they should close the request.

They want as much $ as possible for each one..

Oh, within minutes the amount of credits needed to bid on one job went from 3 then to 4, now it cost me 5 credits & this just happened today!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
487 of 1101 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
jeffreyandreason

Feb 04 #1106522

The reason you can't mark yourself as hired is because it then closes the request, lets say you're the first to quote and you want to *** out the competition, By marking yourself as hired it prevents other businesses from responding and therefore the pro can manipulate the system, when i get hired b4 the 24 hour mark i simply call in to customer service so they can mark it as hired for me

0 0 Reply

Feb 04 #1106561

Yeah, I figured that was the reason, but still sucks if you're being honest.
Thumbtack does verify it on their side as well though, so I do think they just want as much as possible and I am pretty upset that the price to bid went up again
(twice in one hour) seems shady!
Oh, also my "appointment" did cancel ..8 hours before I was to do the job! Pretty p!$$3d no one cares about your time & money.
I could have booked someone else in that slot but definitely not with 8 hours notice!
People don't care about anyone anymore the world we live in his screwed up! - Give others the respect that you want to be shown! !!!!!!!!!! The "client" probably had no intention of ever hiring me.. Total BS! IMO..

0 0 Reply
David

Jan 31 #1103800 Stockton, California, United States

Hmmm? I see the same name, such as Jennifer, but with a different last name letter, very close together in the listings. Are these computers creating faux bids?......

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about
×