Thumbtack - Reliable Professional Maintenance House Cleaning Service Review from Long Beach, California

348 of 1109 Thumbtack reviews

Just had my house cleaned by Richard Armijo - RPM Company.I cannot believe I paid $89 for his work.

He was in a hurry to get to his next job so I did not get to check everything he was suppose to do and advertised that he does. The appliamces still had spills on them. The stove was not done. The sinks in bathroom and kitchen were not scoured.

The wooden dining room table was not polished nor were the chairs dusted properly. I know what my sinks looked like before he came and they are still the same. Counters in kitchen were wiped at. The backsplases were not touched.

I went over the kitchen floor with a clean towel and still got dirt off. He said he would do the shutters and I can write my name in the dirt he left. I'm sending photos and you tell me if this job is acceptable?

I stopped payment on the check I wrote him.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Housecleaner
Review category
Professional Services
review #833421

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
348 of 1109 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 01 #1248334 Los Angeles, California, United States

RPM Co. did a fantastic job for me and I will be using him again. He was professional, affordable and used a steamer to detail the bathroom. Very good experience for me. Were you there when he cleaned?

Lisa_NC

Oct 03 #1222078 Chula Vista, California, United States

Heard the saying
"You get what you pay for"..?
Well, You actually did.
You can expect this every time when you choose the lowest estimate!
I see this everyday,
Mexicans underbid the jobs to get all the work and then do a lousy, half-assed job! Customers hire Them over Us then end up having to write a bad review to complain.. It's a never-ending cycle that leaves me broke and hardly able to support my family! Such is Life. Until They.. Build That Wall !

Apr 23 #1149073

Well I was just looking at the pictures and was wondering if you thought for $89 someone was going to come in your home and clean walls & baseboards and do a real detailed job??? You get what you pay for..

2 0 Reply

Apr 23 #1149122 New York, New York, United States

Its a double edged sword. Thumbtack allows bottom feeder service providers to use their service which results in low paying customers. Ever heard the phrase "A vicious cycle" It applies perfectly here. What you have is a company that is escalating what is commonly referred to as a race to the bottom.
Garbage in, garbage out.
Thumbtack sucks plain and simple.

Apr 21 #1147976

I do cleaning and I've tried using Thumbtack to get jobs but haven't had any luck yet. I am so sorry to hear you hired someone and they didn't do their job. It's sad bc it makes us all look bad, bc i know I do my job very well and I get everything.. it's sad this website has so many bad experiences!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.