Pro doing a crappy job, Paid 2 companies to fix. 400$ And No Help At All from Thumbtack Later!
Since the time I started talking with Terry, he was all about money, I wanted to replace a home filter in my house which I had already purchased. He quoted me 55$ an hour job and said it would not take more than an hour. Next day he tells me he paid $51.00 for the stuff he needs to use, never gave me a reciept and took al of it home. I also gave him a wine set probably costing $45 as a gesture for helping me out. 3 days into it and my garage is leaking water as the filter connection did not stay stable. All Mr Terry says that it wasnt his job and all terms leading to it being a pre existing condition. Not sure if you read reviews before booking a job, but if you do! As my $150.00 went in a waste and paid another $250 to Hiller with 5 year warranty do NOT work with this guy! He is rude obnoxious and no courtesy to help but only think of money.
And basically there is no point using thumbtack as no pro is verified, no work done is guaranteed and there is no warranty of any sorts.
Angies list on the other hand has work detailed and can be followed upon with the Pro being held responsible for what mess they create.
This was my first ever experience with Thumbtack but 400$ and months of disgust later.. I know where I stand and what I got.
Thank you for this whole fake aura of a case center and for being of no help.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will never use again
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance. I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be..."
- "Got an estimate from a plumber. Paid him 1/2 up front. The guy didn't show up 5 times. I reviewed them on Thumbtack to warn other people...."
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."
- "My Paypal account has been limited and paypal does'nt allow to withdraw money in Qatar, more than 180 days have been passed but i cannot get my money Hello My..."
- "Bought the projecter headlights halos for my 2004 ford f150, they look amazing, great fit, install was pretty easy, the only problem is the fact that the headlights are dim,..."
- "My Fitbit Charge literally fell apart! My daughter bout it for me for my birthday mid 2015. I'm sure she thought I would have it for many years but a..."
- "This is a fake company and a scam. Please stay away. There is zero customer service. You are lucky if your product is not defective. We bought toilets from them...."
- "On Sept 29,2015 a Company under the name of Jen's Cleaning Services (aka Rosa M Andrades) was hiredto clean my property for a moving out renter. She claimed..."
- "I sent back for repair/replace my Bluetooth headset HBS 850 , after 7 business days (5-7 business days is their rule), I started to call them...every other day. Why? Because..."