Griffin, Georgia

i am a full-time professional clown and have been for the past 21 years.i have been a thumbtack pro for only a few months and will now end my association with this company.

I've been hired several times through this site; and always gotten 5-star reviews.....at least until today. today a client left me a 2-star rating with no comment. when I asked why, she said that it was because I didn't have my 2 live bunny rabbits at her party. she was wrong; they were part of my show and enjoyed by all her guests.

but she was not in the room for my show; so she made an incorrect assumption and, rather than checking with her guests or contacting me, she just posted a 2-star rating. I called thumbtack, explained that the rating was based on misinformation, and asked them to contact the client for a clarification. thumbtack refused, told me it was unfortunate but they would do nothing about it. I do not want to be associated with a company that has no respect for its professionals.

if there is a questionable review, thumbtack should care enough to contact the client and ask what went wrong. if they had done this in my case, the client would have told them she made a mistake. as it stands, I am punished because thumbtack doesn't care enough about pros to get a fair assessment. basically, I was told that clients can write anything they want and not be challenged.

who needs it?bye, thumbtack.

I didn't like: Will not remove inaccurate reviews.

Review #901980 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Thumbtack Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss not willing to consider problems case by case; uses the excuse of "that's just the way we do it". / Not specified
Preferred solution remove inaccurate review

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.