Thumbtack - Lack of accountability

195 of 1108 Thumbtack reviews

i am a full-time professional clown and have been for the past 21 years.i have been a thumbtack pro for only a few months and will now end my association with this company.

I've been hired several times through this site; and always gotten 5-star reviews.....at least until today. today a client left me a 2-star rating with no comment. when I asked why, she said that it was because I didn't have my 2 live bunny rabbits at her party. she was wrong; they were part of my show and enjoyed by all her guests.

but she was not in the room for my show; so she made an incorrect assumption and, rather than checking with her guests or contacting me, she just posted a 2-star rating. I called thumbtack, explained that the rating was based on misinformation, and asked them to contact the client for a clarification. thumbtack refused, told me it was unfortunate but they would do nothing about it. I do not want to be associated with a company that has no respect for its professionals.

if there is a questionable review, thumbtack should care enough to contact the client and ask what went wrong. if they had done this in my case, the client would have told them she made a mistake. as it stands, I am punished because thumbtack doesn't care enough about pros to get a fair assessment. basically, I was told that clients can write anything they want and not be challenged.

who needs it?bye, thumbtack.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Will not remove inaccurate reviews

Reason of review:
not willing to consider problems case by case; uses the excuse of "that's just the way we do it".
Preferred solution:
remove inaccurate review
Product or service
Review category
Professional Services
review #901980 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
195 of 1108 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about
×