Thumbtack - Great Concept, but too many Fraudulent Requests for Services are Robot Generated!
I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance.
I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be charged. It seems they are defrauding professionals and free-lancers....
The "INTERNET ROBOT" service they have is only causing them to further lose credibility.
"Requests for services" come in at all hours of the day and night...including 9:00 pm to midnight, not to mention: 1:00 am, 3:00 am, 5:00 am! Seriously! Can't they scam better than that??? Or at least hire a robot company that is mindful of the time zones?
Do they honestly believe I am gullible enough to think that at 1:36 a.m. some woman named "Lisa M." wants home staging in Oceanside? at 1:36 AM???? Or that at 6:45 a.m. "Judith" needs a home remodeler in Pomona? Or one of my favorites: "Anaiz L." needs an interior designer in Lakeside at 1:53 a.m.? Yes, 1:53 AM!
This is increasing in frequency...sometimes these requests come in every 15-30 minutes! It's gotten worse and worse. I have kept every email and text notification to prove this craziness. (see attached for 2 examples)
It's blatantly obvious that these are fake requests. They are defrauding people by suggesting they submit quotes to these fake requests.
And yes, it would be great to get a refund, simply because I feel very defrauded. They need to clean up their act, be transparent, stop charging the professionals, and be accountable.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fraudulent customers and leads
- Charging professionals
- Ripping off professionals
- No corporate transparency
- Reason of review:
- 80-95% of Requests for Services are fraudulent and generated by company.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "i am a full-time professional clown and have been for the past 21 years. i have been a thumbtack pro for only a few months and will now end..."
- "I created 3 different accounts with them same style and guess what, all the account receive the same "leads" all has different credit or price I should say, from..."
- "I own a junk hauling company and use thumbtack to send quotes to customers. On their website it states that "junk removal" cost 2 credits. I have sent serveral quotes..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "Hello ! Today I was with my family @ the movie theater in Temecula ca ! My 7 year old son wanted really bad to se a santa movie so..."
- "I too was scammed on this. Their phone number is 800-948-8488 if you want to complain but it doesn't do much good. I was told they would submit..."
- "I placed a custom order for pink and lavender decorated poodle cookies to tie in with my specific table color scheme. The baker/owner, Samantha Ngy, decided to change my custom..."