Thumbtack - Great Concept, but too many Fraudulent Requests for Services are Robot Generated!
I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance.
I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be charged. It seems they are defrauding professionals and free-lancers....
The "INTERNET ROBOT" service they have is only causing them to further lose credibility.
"Requests for services" come in at all hours of the day and night...including 9:00 pm to midnight, not to mention: 1:00 am, 3:00 am, 5:00 am! Seriously! Can't they scam better than that??? Or at least hire a robot company that is mindful of the time zones?
Do they honestly believe I am gullible enough to think that at 1:36 a.m. some woman named "Lisa M." wants home staging in Oceanside? at 1:36 AM???? Or that at 6:45 a.m. "Judith" needs a home remodeler in Pomona? Or one of my favorites: "Anaiz L." needs an interior designer in Lakeside at 1:53 a.m.? Yes, 1:53 AM!
This is increasing in frequency...sometimes these requests come in every 15-30 minutes! It's gotten worse and worse. I have kept every email and text notification to prove this craziness. (see attached for 2 examples)
It's blatantly obvious that these are fake requests. They are defrauding people by suggesting they submit quotes to these fake requests.
And yes, it would be great to get a refund, simply because I feel very defrauded. They need to clean up their act, be transparent, stop charging the professionals, and be accountable.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fraudulent customers and leads
- Charging professionals
- Ripping off professionals
- No corporate transparency
- Reason of review:
- 80-95% of Requests for Services are fraudulent and generated by company.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It may be a coincedence but I kinda doubt it .... Albany and Brooklyn are like two hours from each other ... I find it hard to believe that someone..."
- "Hired mason through Thumbtack to fix brick steps. He left mortar all over bricks which can't be removed. I tried a chisel, acid wash, sandpaper; everything. I..."
- "Got an estimate from a plumber. Paid him 1/2 up front. The guy didn't show up 5 times. I reviewed them on Thumbtack to warn other people...."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "I bought a vapor mod from Aliexpress store called Ecigsbuy. There is an in store coupon save 10USD for 20USD purchase. After I bought the mod with this coupon, the..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "this product is not worth the money twice in one week two of the same hoses just break as you turn on the water the instruction are just in english..."