Thumbtack has been sending some very odd requests to me lately, and after I ingnore these requests, thumtack begs me to sumbit a quote for them with a follow up message "blah blah still needs a quote".
The latest inquiring is surely a fake. Someone requested piano tuning for an "electric keyboard". I have saved a copy of this bogus request.
Yeah.... let me tune the strings on your Yamaha digital keyboard that hasn't been tuned in "more than 2 years" and give you your "routine tuning" as you requested. (sarcastically)
This is bogus and a fraud. See the picture i have included. Personal name and info removed.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Getting two jobs
What I disliked
- 100dollars for fake inquires
- Product or service
- Piano Tuning
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "I wanted to add something to my previous review.. Firstly, I do still believe Thumbtack creates Fake Requests! Okay, so i did finally get hired by someone (we have an appointment), keep..."
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."
- "I have never used Thumbtack, so when I stumbled upon it while looking for a caterer recently, I was intrigued. The caterer I chose from the site had won..."
- "I rented a bedroom set from Aaron's and every since they dropped the bed off , I had been being bit by something. I didn't know what until a couple..."
- "Based on my experience, I would advise everyone residing in the US to avoid buying anything from this company. They offer free shipping on all purchases, but the catch is they..."
- "DISH NETWORK IS A SCAM THEY SENT THEIR PEOPLE TO KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR TO OFFER YOU TV CABLE AND INTERNET. WHEN YOU ACCEPTED THE OFFER THEY ONLY..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."