Thumbtack - Ever know a scam when you see one? BINGO-these people are unhelpful, dishonest & have no shame.
Update added by user Oct 02, 2016
I am a sight impaired disabled man who relied on the credibility of THUMBTACK as recommended by HOME DEPOT.EVAN KATZ of Coral Springs, the installer did the left and center part very well.
I wrote a review as suggested based on that - the next day to finish he did the rest of the center, plus the right corner WHICH DOES NOT MATCH - he blamed his lack of professional work on me, when I clearly told him I was sight impaired, he knew that and I could not see detail. When neighbors pointed it out to me, I contacted him. He was hostile, nasty and arrogant about how great he was. The day before when he had to stay later, due to a delay by a plumber, I paid the $40 for child care for his children so he would not be imposed upon.
When he submitted a bill for his supplies, he forgot the tax, which I added. He wanted payment that day which was coming UPS overnight (the first day, he stayed til 3:30, the second day he was out by noon) I said I could send it to him overnight, or he could pick it up, or I could have someone drive me to his home 26 miles away that day. That is what he selected, so I was driven to his home 26 miles away the same day to deliver his check. It is obvious that thumbtack has no credibility and the time I spent with Conner on the phone was a waste to make THUMBTACK look like they cared.
When Conner had a response from EVAN KATZ of CORAL SPRINGS, FL - he waited for me to call him, (NOT LIKE CONNER PROMISED TO DO) I have a meeting Monday with the Corporate Executive from HOME DEPOT where this referral came from as "verified, checked etc." It was obvious Evan didn't care and thought his job was great, but as the neighbors pointed out, if he knew to do the left side correctly, he certainly knew to do the same on the right. He claimed I said it was good, when I NEVER Said that and didn't see it up close anyway. SHAME ON EVAN AND SHAME ON THUMBTACK TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A SIGHT IMPAIRED DISABLED MAN. IT'S OBVIOUS TO ME THAT THUMBTACK IS A SCAM, AND I WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO FOLLOW UP.
THEY WOULD NOT EVEN TAKE DOWN MY INTIAL REVIEW WHICH WAS AFTER THE FIRST DAY, EVEN THOUGH IT DOES NOT REPRESENT MY RESULT, FEELINGS OR AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION ON THIS INCIDENT.THEY JUST DON'T CARE.
Original review posted by user Oct 01, 2016
I was referred to THUMBTACK by HOME DEPOT, which I will take up with the Regional and District Managers on Monday.
I am a sight impaired, disabled, handicapped man who requested information and a referral for someone to do the backsplash in my new kitchen. I got a referral from EVAN KATZ of CORAL SPRINGS, FLORIDA.
The left side and long center connections match, but the long center and right side do not. When I called to discuss it with EVAN & the THUMBTACK people, they he blamed his work on me, and I once again mentioned he know I was sight impaired and THUMBTACK itself was absolutely in my opinion a scam, unhelpful, unwilling to do anything, wanted to keep a review I did on their sight even though I wanted it off. These are dishonest people in my opinion who hide behind themselves and take advantage of disabled sight impaired people. THIS KIND OF COMPANY IS THE WORST TYPE - SOMEONE WHO WOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE AND OFFER NO HELP TO A DISABLED MAN.
AS FOR EVAN KATZ, HE SHOULD HAVE STOOD BEHIND THE PROFESSIONALISM AND INTEGRITY OF HIS WORK. When the first day there was a plumber their to fix the drain that delayed him, I gave him 40 dollars extra to pay for the child care for his children; when he gave me a receipt for the supplies he bought, i added the tax he forgot.
NO ACT OF KINDNESS SEEMS TO GO UNPUNISHED FOR EVER. AND CONNOR AT THUMBTACK HID BEHIND THEIR "TEAM" WHO DECIDED THAT EVERYTHING WAS ROSEY, SO THEY COULDN'T HELP.
THESE ARE THE MORE SHAMEFUL PEOPLE IN MY OPINION, LET'S HOPE HOME DEPOT WHICH IS A REPUTABLE COMPANY STEPS UP.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Stand behind your work-have some integrity
- Reason of review:
- Taking advantage of a sight impaired disabled man and then hiding behind a "policy" of we don't remove reviews, even after it is determined that the information was proven to be fraudulent and taking advantage of the elderly and disabled. SHAME ON THEM!
- Preferred solution:
- REMOVE THE REVIEW PUSHED IMMEDIATELY BY THE CONTRACTOR, STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A SIGHT IMPAIRED DISABLED MAN, AND FIX THE BACKSPLASH
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Remodeling Leads
- Thumbtack Construction Review Listing
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "I had a bad experience with a roofer that they have listed on their site. This is ARH Roof Repair out of Thornton, Colorado. The owner, Rick, smeared..."
- "Notice, they are all Lower Case (names) this is so staff doesnt have to waste time Capitalizing the First and Last initial (You used to be able to somewhat tell this way..."
- "Thumbtack has been sending some very odd requests to me lately, and after I ingnore these requests, thumtack begs me to sumbit a quote for them with a follow up..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "Purchased beyers oreo cookies and cream however when i opened the container it was pure vanilla. No cookies at all, through the entire thing. Very upset!!..."
- "Bought a washer and dryer from Home Depot. The dryer was damaged and had to be replaced. the washer was to be leveled and was not done. A week later..."
- "Yes ever since I got sucked in by the Wen hype I have been loosing my hair!! When I finally called to stop the auto billing / delivery I was..."