Thumbtack - Deleted my negative review of a business!

202 of 1102 Thumbtack reviews

Got an estimate from a plumber.Paid him 1/2 up front.

The guy didn't show up 5 times. I reviewed them on Thumbtack to warn other people. Thumbtack contacted me and told me they were taking down my review since the plumber didn't know me. I told them the story and offered proof.

The plumber also lied about getting permits, obtaining the parts, etc. They deleted my review since there was no way I would attempt to 'do business' with the guy after all that. Thumbtack said it was 'their policy'.

Would you trust someone who fails to show up 5 times and lies?

Thumbtack should not be used since they remove negative reviews.I will not use them again and would assume all negative reviews are deleted.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Professional Services
review #897304 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
202 of 1102 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Lisa_NC

Oct 07 #1223719 Westlake Village, California, United States

I would review the company via a different avenue i.e. Google or another business listing the company may have in order to warn others about your experience..
I have noticed some of my competitors have high ratings when my clients were very displeased with their work and hired me.
They submit fake requests (costing other pros) and even write 5 star reviews for themselves to hide the poor reviews, but wow, I didn't know Thumbtack actually removed the bad ones!
I give only stellar service and I am sorry that this was your experience!
Something has to change on the site soon or I am done buying these fake leads for good!
I actually have been sent proof that employees of Thumbtack are submitting the exact same jobs in different areas..

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.