Thumbtack - Customers won't even view your quote 60% of the time
I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every day (mostly from my area, and some out of state) and the reason I did not respond to more leads was because I did not want to spend more credits and most quotes were too vague to even produce an accurate quote.
( I bought the $35 package).
The problem with Thumbtack is that MOST customers will not even view your quote, therefore all that effort actually elaborating a custom quote is wasted.
The customer NEVER provides adequate information or even enough about the project to give an accurate quote.
I tried submitting quotes from all price ranges and nothing worked so either Thumbtack users are extremely uninterested in what they're shopping for or the leads are fake.
I provide extremely competitive prices in my area and have done enough research to know my prices are pretty hard to beat. So I was expecting a better response since I invested so much time and effort building my profile (that was only viewed ONCE by ONE lead the entire time I used thumbtack).
So here is the breakdown:
Spent: $35 for 30 credits
Sent: 21 quotes
Quotes viewed: 9
Quotes NOT viewed: 11
Quotes answered: 3
Time: 18 days
Responses: Only 3 customers actually asked a follow up question but never heard back from anyone after that.
In conclusion, I believe the Thumbtack idea is GREAT and I was hoping for a better response since it is an excellent idea with a great platform, unfortunately being free for customers makes them prone to not putting any effort on their end, they submit quotes they never plan on responding to, much less hire because its easy and FREE for them. From a professional stand-point I would not recommend it to grow a business or find new leads, it involves investing a lot of time answering quotes without any real payback. Also it is not free nor cheap.
I have attached screenshots to support my review.
You can see most messages were "auto-refunded" because the customer never even opened the quote, and the few messages marked "viewed", were just that, viewed and nothing else.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Lot of leads
What I disliked
- Never hired
- Customers do not view quotes
- Waste of time
- Waste of money
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Leads
- Review category
- Professional Services
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance. I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be..."
- "I have been a member (Photographer) on Thumb Tack for a few months. My first lead cost me two credits (not bad) to bid. I didn't get the job and..."
- "I had a guy name dave come to my house .company named Boston best junk and trash removal....he gave me a estimate and took a $1000 down payment and never..."
- "I purchased a pair of light weight Rockport hiking boots approximately 8 years ago. These shoes have only been worn about 10 times and were still in excellent condition. Still..."
- "I signed up with Trugreen lawn service and after the first 2 treatments, my grass was dead and I now have a brown lawn! I called customer service and..."
- "On September 29, 2016, at about 2:30 pm I took a ( Pre-labeled box with two genies that i had cancelled) to the Post office. They processed it, and said..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."