Thumbtack - Customers won't even view your quote 60% of the time
I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every day (mostly from my area, and some out of state) and the reason I did not respond to more leads was because I did not want to spend more credits and most quotes were too vague to even produce an accurate quote.
( I bought the $35 package).
The problem with Thumbtack is that MOST customers will not even view your quote, therefore all that effort actually elaborating a custom quote is wasted.
The customer NEVER provides adequate information or even enough about the project to give an accurate quote.
I tried submitting quotes from all price ranges and nothing worked so either Thumbtack users are extremely uninterested in what they're shopping for or the leads are fake.
I provide extremely competitive prices in my area and have done enough research to know my prices are pretty hard to beat. So I was expecting a better response since I invested so much time and effort building my profile (that was only viewed ONCE by ONE lead the entire time I used thumbtack).
So here is the breakdown:
Spent: $35 for 30 credits
Sent: 21 quotes
Quotes viewed: 9
Quotes NOT viewed: 11
Quotes answered: 3
Time: 18 days
Responses: Only 3 customers actually asked a follow up question but never heard back from anyone after that.
In conclusion, I believe the Thumbtack idea is GREAT and I was hoping for a better response since it is an excellent idea with a great platform, unfortunately being free for customers makes them prone to not putting any effort on their end, they submit quotes they never plan on responding to, much less hire because its easy and FREE for them. From a professional stand-point I would not recommend it to grow a business or find new leads, it involves investing a lot of time answering quotes without any real payback. Also it is not free nor cheap.
I have attached screenshots to support my review.
You can see most messages were "auto-refunded" because the customer never even opened the quote, and the few messages marked "viewed", were just that, viewed and nothing else.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Lot of leads
What I disliked
- Never hired
- Customers do not view quotes
- Waste of time
- Waste of money
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Leads
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance. I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be..."
- "I created 3 different accounts with them same style and guess what, all the account receive the same "leads" all has different credit or price I should say, from..."
- "I have already quoted close to 20 and have no work. Got one response, which never turned into a client. I have a Masters Degree, 25 years experience, and my..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "I am extremely disappointed and furious to have been scammed by this company THE DEAL EMPIRE at the value of $66.80 for the purchase of Body Shaper panties and Slim..."
- "Diana Peters of Death Row Dog Rescue aka Save a Death Row Dog has been scamming innocent facebook fans out of their hard earned money. She is located in Oakland..."
- "Freddy was exactly one year old when i took him into Banfield in Midtown, Miami to get neutered. I picked him up after his surgery, and the doctor told me..."
- "I purchased a pair of light weight Rockport hiking boots approximately 8 years ago. These shoes have only been worn about 10 times and were still in excellent condition. Still..."