Thumbtack - Can't respond to contractor's response to my post
Troy Palmer did a job for me in a Ft.Worth suburb.
He was nice and respectful, but I never had his full focus. He always split my work with someone else instead of just focusing on my job. I posted that and I must have angered him because in a response he said he built my chimney box for free. To have 3 small areas of eaves, fascia and trim replaced, caulked and painted, adding a kickboard (8'-1x6), replacing a shed door with a $62 interior door, and building the chimney box was $660.
I provided the paint. I don't call that free. I also asked him for "after" photos of the chimney box as I am 67 and not climbing on roofs these days. Never got them.
Plus the shed door was standing open yesterday morning and I discovered the guy trimmed 1/2" off the 30" door to accommodate the hinges (set flush) instead of insetting them and then he had to shim the striker plate with a nut so the latch would shut. There is this giant gap around the door.
I tried to respond to his comment privately and also to Thumbtack, but once you have posted a review, Thumbtack won't even let you respond privately to the contractor or to them because you have already posted a review.I will NOT be using him or Thumtack again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will never use again
- Poor workmanship on door
- Not able to respond to contractors response or to them
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Home Repair Services
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Thumbtack has been sending some very odd requests to me lately, and after I ingnore these requests, thumtack begs me to sumbit a quote for them with a follow up..."
- " I am out of the Charlotte, NC service area and of course, I am having issues which is why I am viewing this thread to begin with. I..."
- "I created 3 different accounts with them same style and guess what, all the account receive the same "leads" all has different credit or price I should say, from..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "I saw the tv ad that showed pricing to be $29.95. Upon receipt of product I read the packing list and found that they were going to require 5..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."