Thumbtack - Can't respond to contractor's response to my post
Troy Palmer did a job for me in a Ft.Worth suburb.
He was nice and respectful, but I never had his full focus. He always split my work with someone else instead of just focusing on my job. I posted that and I must have angered him because in a response he said he built my chimney box for free. To have 3 small areas of eaves, fascia and trim replaced, caulked and painted, adding a kickboard (8'-1x6), replacing a shed door with a $62 interior door, and building the chimney box was $660.
I provided the paint. I don't call that free. I also asked him for "after" photos of the chimney box as I am 67 and not climbing on roofs these days. Never got them.
Plus the shed door was standing open yesterday morning and I discovered the guy trimmed 1/2" off the 30" door to accommodate the hinges (set flush) instead of insetting them and then he had to shim the striker plate with a nut so the latch would shut. There is this giant gap around the door.
I tried to respond to his comment privately and also to Thumbtack, but once you have posted a review, Thumbtack won't even let you respond privately to the contractor or to them because you have already posted a review.I will NOT be using him or Thumtack again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will never use again
- Poor workmanship on door
- Not able to respond to contractors response or to them
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Home Repair Services
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "i am a full-time professional clown and have been for the past 21 years. i have been a thumbtack pro for only a few months and will now end..."
- "I own a junk hauling company and use thumbtack to send quotes to customers. On their website it states that "junk removal" cost 2 credits. I have sent serveral quotes..."
- "I was referred to THUMBTACK by HOME DEPOT, which I will take up with the Regional and District Managers on Monday. I am a sight impaired, disabled, handicapped man who requested..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "I saw the tv ad that showed pricing to be $29.95. Upon receipt of product I read the packing list and found that they were going to require 5..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."