Thumbtack - Can't respond to contractor's response to my post

567 of 1101 Thumbtack reviews

Troy Palmer did a job for me in a Ft.Worth suburb.

He was nice and respectful, but I never had his full focus. He always split my work with someone else instead of just focusing on my job. I posted that and I must have angered him because in a response he said he built my chimney box for free. To have 3 small areas of eaves, fascia and trim replaced, caulked and painted, adding a kickboard (8'-1x6), replacing a shed door with a $62 interior door, and building the chimney box was $660.

I provided the paint. I don't call that free. I also asked him for "after" photos of the chimney box as I am 67 and not climbing on roofs these days. Never got them.

Plus the shed door was standing open yesterday morning and I discovered the guy trimmed 1/2" off the 30" door to accommodate the hinges (set flush) instead of insetting them and then he had to shim the striker plate with a nut so the latch would shut. There is this giant gap around the door.

I tried to respond to his comment privately and also to Thumbtack, but once you have posted a review, Thumbtack won't even let you respond privately to the contractor or to them because you have already posted a review.I will NOT be using him or Thumtack again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Will never use again
    • Poor workmanship on door
    • Not able to respond to contractors response or to them

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Thumbtack Home Repair Services
Review category
Professional Services
review #734270 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Thumbtack? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
567 of 1101 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
TTsocial

Nov 20, 2015 #1066995

We never enjoy hearing of these kind of situations, but I’m very glad that you’ve shared your experience here.
I encourage you to reach out to the professional and talk with him to come to a resolution. In addition, You can also give us a call at (800) 343-1710 to share your story. We have a great team in the support center that is trained to handle these delicate scenarios, and I know they’d really like to help you out.
Let us know what else we can do for you. We’re here to help.
-Alexis

0 1 Reply

Nov 16, 2015 #1064627

I'm a handyman that's been hoping to get some work from thumbtack, and i been hearing a lot of negative responses from customers, about poor quality of jobs. My comment is about the way thumbtack is not blocking my quotes from going out, by requestin me to buy credits from them. Maybe that's there only way of making money, but i don't feel like i owe them nothing, cause they never told me that's how they worked, which in my opinion is pretty screwed up. I'm an honest,reputable ,and sincere handyman with many years of experience and im not in the bussines of making someone else money in order to make my money. Thumbtack can go to ***!!!.

0 0 Reply

Nov 14, 2015 #1064025

I had a very bad experience as a buyer of services. I was charged 600 for less than four hours of work. I was taken advantage of because I am disabled and feel poorly. Four bracelets, gold and silver, and. Dore compact, all sentimental things as well, went missing. Stolen, no doubt. la landscaping was the company. They promised me the equivalent of 950USD work, but won't respond to my calls now that I have changed the feedback to omit the theft. Perhaps it's time to call ins and irs about them???

0 1 Reply
TTsocial

Nov 20, 2015 #1066997

I want to apologize that you had to deal with that. We never like hearing when customer’s don’t get a first-class experience from professionals on our site.
It’s really important to us that each interaction goes smoothly. We have a specially trained team to handle these special kind of circumstances, so I really encourage you to give us a call at (800) 343-1710. Please let us know what we can do to help you out. We're here for both customers and professionals alike.
-Alexis

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.