Buyer beware; Thumbtack's policies discourage candid reviews.

221 of 1103 Thumbtack reviews

Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover thrown on the ground and left there, etc. I paid in full immediately, and did a 3-line review (4 stars of 5) where I called the work competent but noted the issue with personal property, concluding with advice to address the issue with the contractor in advance & you likely would be pleased.

Contractor lost his cool. Posted a reply suggesting that he should have been more based on changed conditions (he inspected the deck the day before he started, so I rather doubt that) and saying that my young son was responsible for careless handling of grill, etc. Further, he's now sent more than 20 combative, occasionally threatening emails taking issue with my comment, and has called more than a dozen times.

I, for my part--conceding that he was free to say whatever he pleased about me--asked Thumbtack to remove the comments about my son. Thumbtack refused on the grounds that the contractor violated none of its policies--which, incidentally, regulate the content of CUSTOMER reviews, not contractor replies.

All told, this is not a forum for credible customer feedback. And, if you do use Thumbtack, do NOT be so foolish as to offer a review.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Policies that discourage honest evaluation of contractors
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
221 of 1103 Thumbtack reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Thumbtack.
Filing a new complaint about
×