Buyer beware; Thumbtack's policies discourage candid reviews.
Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover thrown on the ground and left there, etc. I paid in full immediately, and did a 3-line review (4 stars of 5) where I called the work competent but noted the issue with personal property, concluding with advice to address the issue with the contractor in advance & you likely would be pleased.
Contractor lost his cool. Posted a reply suggesting that he should have been more based on changed conditions (he inspected the deck the day before he started, so I rather doubt that) and saying that my young son was responsible for careless handling of grill, etc. Further, he's now sent more than 20 combative, occasionally threatening emails taking issue with my comment, and has called more than a dozen times.
I, for my part--conceding that he was free to say whatever he pleased about me--asked Thumbtack to remove the comments about my son. Thumbtack refused on the grounds that the contractor violated none of its policies--which, incidentally, regulate the content of CUSTOMER reviews, not contractor replies.
All told, this is not a forum for credible customer feedback. And, if you do use Thumbtack, do NOT be so foolish as to offer a review.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
You May Also Like
- "I was completely lied to by a wanna be dog trainer; I went to see my dog after a few days and had to take her home because she had..."
- "I recently purchased a house in NJ. I used Thumbtack.com to find a hardwood floor refinisher. I located a 11 times 5 star reviewed company called DLS flooring on Thumbtack’s..."
- "...Based on the quote given she asked for and received 50% down, she received the payment and I have not talked to or seen her again. Now my house has..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "i ordered the microwave/hood filters from frigidaire for $139.95. i received the wrong products. i called the service and they insisted they sent the right one and i have to..."
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "The US Food driver was blocking the street and knew it. I believe his words were, I was here first. With Cars waiting, he continued to make two..."