Durham, North Carolina

I am a regular customer of things remembered but usually I always pick up what I see in store, never had issues with any in past 3-4 yrs.I realized the online options and choices were more.

Recently ordered 7 items online, when I ordered all products are available and there should be no issues, paid shipping charges also. after a week I received only 5 products, and 1 product with wrong engraving, I called and they said other products are on the way. The lady was courteous and asked me to return the one with wrong engraving to one of the closest store and she will send me a new one. I did as I was indicated.

later after a wk, I received an big carton and inside was another things remembered box which was empty.I was surprised why they send an empty box.I called and they found out the store which shipped, the item did not even have the item in stock so they were not sure why the box was even shipped, they apologized and said they will send me a new one along with the pitcher which was engraved wrong together and someone will give me a call and follow up once shipped. To my surprise no one called me back and nothing was delivered on the expected date. I called back again. This was a very frustrating moment for me, since I already spent hours trying to connect with customer service on phone, everytime, I had to explain what happened and escalated the call.

After twice being misled on phone, where the customer service rep said she is sending new products and they are on the way, I was able to speak to their supervisor who told me, from the time I placed the orders until now, the pending two items and the wrongly engraved pitcher I had ordered, were out of stock. So basically even after paying for 7 items, I actually received only 4 items which were as per my order. To calm me down she agreed to send me some other products which were similar looking. I did receive them, to an extent I liked two of them but did not like the beer pitcher I had ordered.

It was nowhere near the one I had placed an order for. This was not even in things remembered box and were very cheap looking Libbey ones from walmart. When I called, the supervisor told me, we will refund your money for the entire order, since we don't have it in stock. I didn't think it was fair to take the whole money back, since I had already given and used 3 items from the entire order, didn't want to keep all the 6 items for free, instead I told them to send me a new pitcher which they have in stock, gave them the product code and mentioned once I receive it, I will return the libbey walmart pitcher back to them.

I am very close to the event, where I want to gift the pitcher, so there was no point for me to take the refund and again search for a product and get it engraved. I am yet to receive the pitcher, I hope I will receive some decent looking one. When I expressed my frustration to the supervisor on phone, I did mention, I am not going to be picky or choosy on what they send me, since they dont have my products in stock any more, as long as they send me something on the same lines which can be engraved. I never had such a bad experience of ordering anything from any site, where I had to call 5 times for my own paid products and orders.

I still like the store and the thingsremembered engraved personalized gifts, but lesson learned, I will buy them only from store, after checking the products personally.

The online option doesn't work with this business.

I wanted to let the corporate know about the whole incident, but I was directed to them by the Customer service.

Review about: Libbey Drinking Jar Pitcher.

I didn't like: Online ordering is worst, Customer service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Things Remembered?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.