Themeforest - Website template full of bugs, money not being refunded.
I bought a template from Themeforest (from Envato group) for my new website in the year 2013. My web developer started working on the template to customize it as per my specific requirements. Post customization, the website was opening very slow.....I then and there itself marked an mail to Envato Market Help and got a reply from them saying that they do not provide email support and that the only option left for me to seek answers would be to post my concern on a forum. I was a bit surprised as I had paid full money for the template and I am being told to get assistance through 'forum' medium instead of direct email support. Anyways, I got no result even after posting it on forum. Now to overcome the problem of the slow speed of the website, I had to pay good amount of money to my web developer to make the template run faster. People buy template so that they end up paying minimal amount to the web developer since customization of template involves minimal work (as entire job work is already done on the ready-made template).
In the process of removing bugs from the template, I ended up paying good amount of money to my web developer. Little did I know that all my money being spent to get the bugs removed from the template was going in drain as the entire template had lot many issues.
At last, I decided to leave the template as it and asked my developer not to waste his time on it. I then wrote numerous mails to Envato Support for a refund after a few months. Luckily at that point of time Envato had started giving direct email support to it's customers. The person with whom I took up the issue was one 'Robert P'. This gentleman from the support initially showed some seriousness to understand my concern. I asked him to cancel the template license and refund back the money. He was quick to cancel the license and instead of refunding the money gave me a market credit (so that I can utilize the amount should I require any services from them in the future). But the fact remains that why would I go for their services in the future as the company is selling sub-standard products! Hence, I continued to ask for refund instead of market credit. Robert initially refused for refund citing Market-wide policy regarding digital goods further stressing on the fact that the product was downloaded. Later he mentioned that he can re-view my refund request provided I cite specific details about the problems I had faced. I wanted him to show the live demo of my site which was having problems but wasn't able to as Robert had cancelled the license. I asked him to revoke the license for a day so that I can show him the demo which he and his team can watch it with their own eyes. He never revoked the license and instead closed the case. My money too is gone and the license of the theme too is cancelled! This is a clear case of cheating. I have enclosed 10 screenshots (of emails exchanged with Robert) in support of my complaint.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Themeforest Website Template
- Review category
- Web design
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Business Pro Designs contacted me with regard to making my website user friendly for Notepads, Android phones and in general, Smart Phone capable. They even went so far as to..."
- "I found Sitefix.us on Fiverr.com and inquired about a customer Shopify website build. They were very quick to reply and direct me off of Fiverr.com to their website where I..."
- "boxedart is rubbish! I bought the graphics package they are offering and it's totally out of date, I've seen web templates made in 2007!! The quality of the graphics are..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "My one and only advise...stay away ...like really far away...nothing but disappointment ..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."