the Vintage Goody Shop - ***BUYER BEWARE*** Business owner will not respond!!! They have MY furniture and money!!!
On February 22, 2013, I delivered a newly-purchased ($200) dresser to this business (at their storage address in Federal Heights) for refinishing. I paid for and received a signed receipt by the male business owner for $85, which reflected a deposit of 1/2 down for their services. At that time, both husband and wife business owners reiterated free delivery of the completed piece.
Over the next month, paint colors and techniques were discussed over the phone and by email exchange with the female business owner. The original price she quoted me for her refinishing services increased, based on my paint color preference, which I agreed to. At that time, she told me the turn-around time for this project would be about 2 weeks.
For several weeks, I had not heard anything from this business, so in early May 2013, I contacted the female business owner by phone and asked how my dresser was coming along. Much to my surprise she said that they had made a move from Federal Heights to Monument, CO, and had moved my dresser to their new address! She also stated that they were incredibly busy, and my project was next in line to be completed, and that I would be hearing from them soon. At this time, she emphasized that they would deliver my finished piece free of charge, and not to worry.
On or about June 1, 2013, I visited the business's website to get the phone # to call again, and I noticed the telephone # had been changed. My heart sank .....
After I left a voice message on this new telephone #, I received a text message back from the female business owner stating: "I'm in Texas a while but my husband is at home." and that I should contact him. She left his phone #. (I still have this text message on my phone - it is the last correspondence I have had with the female business owner).
When I contacted the male business owner by phone, he stated that he and his wife had split up, and that he would be taking over my project. I was of the understanding that the female business owner was the artist/refinisher, so I did not feel comfortable with the new arrangement.
Over the next month, I attempted to contact both business owners to request the return of my dresser and deposit. I have left voice mails, emails, messages through facebook, and their business website, with no response. I even suggested that I would drive down myself to Monument to retrieve my dresser.
I know the female business owner has received my messages, because she subsequently removed my facebook comment to her, and then blocked me from further comments on her facebook page 'the Vintage Goody Shop'. I have since noticed postings from the Vintage Goody Shop on the Dallas Craigslist.
My hope is that the business owners will contact me immediately to return my property and deposit for services never rendered.
As of July 15, 2013, I have not had any response from the business owner, and have pursued legal action to recover my property and money.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Furniture Refinishing
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "2016 fleetwood jamboree sport 26 foot. Was to be my retirement home. Purchased march 31st 2016. To date Sept 4 3016 have been nowhere. Lots of small issues initially then..."
- "This is the worst bed ever. It is nothing more than a high priced air mattress.. My plastic frame bent after one week of having the bed and it will..."
- "4 times I go in cause they can't balance my tires, then it's a bent rim, then it's the tires and those are sent away for eval. Never called..."