The Sandcastle Motel - Bed Bugs and Lying General Manager!
I checked into the motel on July 20th with my young daughter for one night only.We dropped off our luggage and headed to the beach.
We had a great day at the beach and made wonderful memories. After showering and cuddling into our beds my daughter noticed bugs crawling around her bed around 11:30p. I caught one in a ziplock and brought it down to the general manager. The GM admitted that we were given a room that they knew had bed bugs, but was sprayed that same morning and cleared.
We reported to GM and asked to be moved to another hotel. We were told by the GM, Spencer, that we would be given another room next door, and that we would receive our $232 fee back, but would have to wait 72 hours since we inadvertently booked through Expedia, who booked through another party, who booked through an additional party. I did check reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor, but if you don't do a search under "bed bugs," nothing other than "dated hotel" comes up. I checked Trip Advisor again using search "bed bugs" and sure enough 2 other May and summer 2015 incidents came up.
They both reported they received their money back and were moved to other motels as well. The Sandcastle asked Expedia to return my $ since I didn't stay with them, but they refused to. I'm not sure why Spencer isn't pursuing returning my $ and then fighting with Expedia directly. Sandcastle contracted with Expedia and should be able to get my $ back since I didn't stay there.
Spencer gave me his word he'd return my $ AND promised to take my calls once I left. He has broken his word and hasn't returned my calls at all! So, now I'm letting everyone know about his bed bug infestation.
Don't do business with an establishment that doesn't care to upkeep, renovate, not rid themselves of bed bugs; nor allow their GM to lie to their customers.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bed bugs
- Breaking promise to refund
- Being lied to by gm
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "Welcome to The Lakeside Resort Shree Vilas, at Lake Pichola Eco Friendly Lakeside Resort in Udaipur Famous Lake Pichola is the main attraction of Udaipur, the maximum length and the breadth of the..."
- "Public Advisory not for family and children! #####Avoid Value Place Plainfield,IN 46168 Avoid###### Value Place aka Woodspring Suites 6295 gateway blvd. Plainfield,IN 46168 ValuePlace Plainfield Indianapolis and nationwide are all bad places! Value Place..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "Don't know where to start. I've been waiting for black friday to buy couple of new video games for PS4. And apperantely walmart had quite good deals. And as soon..."
- "As an employee who works there currently, this does not surprise me at all. The amount of product that walks out that door without being paid for is astounding. I..."