I am a retired senior citizen. I went on Craigslist to find an attorney to represent me when an auto repair company performed negligent work on my car. He charge a flat fee for his service which was all paid upfront. When the case was over Mr. Rouse reneged on his original signed agreement and took money that was not his. I have audio recording so he can’t talk his way out of this one.
Dishonest, arrogant and deceptive. He was always so full of excuses, it was frustrating. To give you an idea of the level of disorganization or incompetence I was dealing with: Derek promised me that he would be filing interrogatories when the other party appealed.
Six months later the case went to trial. The opposing party did not show on the date of the trial.
When Derek requested attorney fees for me (plaintiff) the judge asked him to take the stand to go on record; the problem was he could not remember the statute when asked by the judge.
Now an attorney that claims to have so much experience should have at least known the right statute. Instead when the defendant’s attorney mailed a check to his office he took money that was not his and then lied on AVVO saying he won the trial. Any fool knows when the other party does not show you win by default. If you are looking for an attorney this is one you don’t want to hire.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- The Rouse Firm Legal Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "London & London are the slime of the attorney community. They are a small family owned business specializing, in their own words "By engaging in skip tracing and asset locating,..."
- "She is coming up on my credit report and I have never used her. I would like this off my credit report or I will call the police..."
- "WARNING!! Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion Is A *** ARTIST! Encino, California BEWARE of a scam artist by the name of Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion AKA Kia Shampoo Champion...."
- "I would like to still get my order, before this Spring please!!!! I placed my order Dec. 1st I thought this was a scam and now know it is. If..."
- "Twenty years ago I had all the faucets in my house replaced with Moen Faucets because I wanted faucets that would last a lifetime. Twenty years ago I thought..."
- "I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."