I am a retired senior citizen. I went on Craigslist to find an attorney to represent me when an auto repair company performed negligent work on my car. He charge a flat fee for his service which was all paid upfront. When the case was over Mr. Rouse reneged on his original signed agreement and took money that was not his. I have audio recording so he can’t talk his way out of this one.
Dishonest, arrogant and deceptive. He was always so full of excuses, it was frustrating. To give you an idea of the level of disorganization or incompetence I was dealing with: Derek promised me that he would be filing interrogatories when the other party appealed.
Six months later the case went to trial. The opposing party did not show on the date of the trial.
When Derek requested attorney fees for me (plaintiff) the judge asked him to take the stand to go on record; the problem was he could not remember the statute when asked by the judge.
Now an attorney that claims to have so much experience should have at least known the right statute. Instead when the defendant’s attorney mailed a check to his office he took money that was not his and then lied on AVVO saying he won the trial. Any fool knows when the other party does not show you win by default. If you are looking for an attorney this is one you don’t want to hire.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- The Rouse Firm Legal Services
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Edward Parkes is a lawyer who works for Harcus Sinclair in London, an unethical law firm who represents an unethical company named Power Places Tours Inc (USA). I say unethical for..."
- "Leavenworth Lawyer Gary A. Nelson engaged in the following dastardly conduct thereby creating the "Nelson Maneuver." "The Nelson Maneuver" Get a Law Degree and turn it into a..."
- "I hired Howard Tanner Esq located at 30 Vesey St, New York, NY, Phone # (212) 962-1333 to defend me in court because I was arrested for shoplifting. I am..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "It told me no ads but this happens every time and it last for 2 minutes and then it shows twice...very annoying. Then during a show, it freezes and the..."
- "The staff at drive time is wonderful however I got a piece of *** car. The day after I purchased my car the engine light came on. Took it to..."
- "I purchased a mattress from Mattress Giant 2 years ago. Prior to 2 years the mattress was worn and warped not fit for no man to sleep on. I tried..."