Review about The Melting Pot Cheese Fondue from Boston, Massachusetts
I went to the melting pit tonight as a nice surprise for my daughter before school starts and I can promise it will be my last time going here. We have been a fan of this establishment for aometime but it seems that during the last year or so it has been going down hill big time.
We had a 6:45 reservation which we were 10 min early for. We didnt get seated until after 7. Our server Hannah rushed us into ordering everything all at once, brought us our drinks and left us sittibg there for 25 min without returning. Whwn she finally did arrive she haphazzardly tossed the ingredients into the fondue pan spilling it over the sides, stirred it for about 30 seconds and left. The cheese wasnt even smooth or melted. After 40 mins we finally asked another server to find hannah because she never checked on us once. Some other woman brought out our cooking broth and informed us hannah will be right over... 15 min passed before she came to the table with the protien section of our entree. It was only when she asked if there was anything else that we needed and I pointed out that she didn't bring the veggies that went went the meal did she even notice. With an eye roll I might add and a lame excuse that there weren't any prepped. Another 10 min went by before we got the veggies.
While sitting there we witnessed other patrons getting the service they were paying for because lets be honest this place isn't exactly cheap. Not once were we offered a refill on our drinks or asked how things were by Hannah. When we asked for more napkins because my daughter spilled it took 10 min to get them!
By the time we had dessert we were both annoyed and just wanted to leave. At this point the manager was making rounds as I was going over the check and I noticed that we were being charged for alcholic drinks that we didnt even order!!We got most of the dessert to go. It took an additional 10 min for her to process the check after it was corrected. This was a horrible experience. Honestly spend yoyr money somewhere that you get treated well and in a timely manner. This lesson cost me over $100 once the tip was added in. Don't make the same costly mistake.
I've included the receipts (hiding my informayion for security purposes)to show how long it took to actually put it through. Honestly it has never taken longer than 1 1/2 hours to eat here and tonight it took over 2 which is completly uncalled for because it was an effect of poor service.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- The Melting Pot Cheese Fondue
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered an e-gift card on The Cheesecake Factory's website the morning of December 3, 2013. The website states that the recipient typically receives the gift within 2-4 hours; however,..."
- "There is a famous scam in Beijing, its called the Tea house scam. Or Tea ceremony scam! It has been going on for a very VERY long time! Recently in..."
- "I went into the location of: 11275 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90066 (310) 390-7831 and did NOT have a very good ordering or dining experience. For what..."
- "Moss and Company abuses little old lady's and disabled people. Moss and company sues little old lady for reviewing her experience on yelp. The harassment Moss and Company and James..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "Let's just start off by saying I have always loved Breyers ice cream, especially their Oreo icecream.(I will only get Oreo ice cream if it's from Breyers). However recently I..."
- "I took the unit apart. Came in a small aluminum container. The 'chip' and the PC board it was on were a joke. Pure scam. The circuit is nonsense. Not..."
- "I purchased a Edwards lemon meringue pie from my local publix grocery store. On March 1 2015, it has a long string inside of it. Absolutely disgusting an horrible horrible..."