My home is 2700 square feet.When I got my phone estimate I was told the cost was $170/hour and it would probably take 2-2 1/2 hours.
STEEP price but I agreed because my cleaning woman was out of town. (She gets $125 for the entire day and cleans from top to bottom.) A team of 4 women was sent to my home. They spent 20 minutes "looking at the rooms" (to quote the team leader) and I supplied them with my particular duster and my stainless steel cleaner. Bathrooms and kitchens looked great.
They did a very good job on them. They vacuumed, also a good job. But here's the rub - I specifically asked them to dust my ceiling fans and furniture. When the team leader said they were finished and asked me to check their work, I discovered they'd dusted only select things.
I was told the woman who did the dusting was "SHORT" (note, I am 5' and manage to dust just fine, thank you very much). I had given them my ceiling fan blade duster which they opted not to use. I told them they didn't dust at all, so they dusted the ceiling fans by standing on the beds in each room. Every door jamb was filthy.
My dining room set was filthy. (see photos - in one photo I drew an X in the dust with my finger! The other two photos are pieces of furniture whose tops are only about 3' tall) As they finished, the team leader called into the home base and proceeded to tell me my bill was $666. EVEN THE TEAM LEADER AND HER ASSOCIATES EXPRESSED SHOCK AT THE PRICE.
They charged me for the time spent "looking at the rooms" (20 minutes) and the time spent dusting the fans AFTER they said they were done (30 minutes). They had my credit card on file so there was no way I could say I wasn't paying. I called up and spoke first with Marisol and then with Eric (who was very patronizing to me despite me being probably twice his age...). They offered to send out another team to do the dusting the first team SHOULD HAVE DONE, but I'd already given up an entire morning for the team who really should have done what they were supposed to do.
Eric said they don't negotiate on price but would give me 20% off (which he did). My argument was that I would NEVER have agreed to ANY cleaning service that would tell me the cost would be $666. THEY SAID TWO-TO-TWO-AND-A-HALF-HOURS and that was what I agreed to. They should have charged me either $340 or $425 which is steep enough but to overcharge me for THEIR mistake and for THEIR "look around" is both reprehensible and unacceptable.
What person would agree to a fee of $666 for a relatively small home where only two people reside? And oh yeah, they didn't have to clean one of the bedrooms that had stuff piled in it, and the only bedroom that gets use in this house is the master bedroom!
Buyer Beware.Their 100% satisfaction guarantee only guarantees that there are no guarantees!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Cleaning of the kitchen
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- The Maids House Cleaning
- Review category
- Cleaning Services
You May Also Like
- "Beware! Eric does not clean carpets well. You must watch him and be there constantly. If you leave the house forget it. He is lazy and is not thorough. He..."
- "1st off I only hired them because I was told, "One person will clean the kitchen. One person will vacume, One person will clean the bathrooms and one person will..."
- "I am extremely disappointed in my Molly Maids house cleaning. When I called to request a cleaning, I told the woman I spoke with my fiancé and I were moving..."
- "These products should have been taken off the shelf a long time ago. Always check the expiration date before buying and feeding to your family. The items were in plain..."
- "Here's an SAT question for you - If a package of mozzarella cheese has an expiration date on it of February 24 and today is April 22, at least how..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."