2.0

Going down stairs, and the elastic string that holds this medical appliance together broke. The cane fell apart. Hit my head on the stair railing, falling back. Sat down really hard. Glad that I was one step from the bottom, good thing I didn't fall forward, as I have a concrete landing.

Called Customer Service, no help with replacing the string that holds this thing together, that I am relying on for stability and support. You should check the elastic every time you use this product, so it doesn't break and mess you up. Oh--you can't check the elastic string, as it's inside the cane, and CANT BE CHECKED OR REPLACED!!!

If I could have accessed the elastic, I would have, and gotten replacement string that was not string, and checked it before I used it, to avoid missing the wear that the exposed edges of the metal tubing provide to the miserable string that is the main component of this medical appliance.

They offered to give a $10 discount. Wow. What a joke. I would pay a lot more for this thing up-front, if there was any sort of guarantee past 60 days. An extended warranty would be pretty great, but I'm not going to help a company that does like this.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Hurrycane Walking Cane.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: In spite of breakage still like.

I didn't like: Dependability replacement parts, Its unstable, Problem with pad replacement or lack of.

Comments