Bombay, Maharashtra

The Vatva Industrial Estate was established by Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation in the year 1960 in the south east direction of Ahmedabad City on Ahmedabad – Mehmadabad state highway to accommodate small and medium scale industrial units.

There are approximately 1800 units in this industrial Estate, out of which approximately 680 generate wastewater and have potential to cause water pollution. These include units manufacturing Pharmaceutical Products, Dyes, Dye-Intermediates, Pigments, Fine Chemicals and other organics. They also include Textile Process Houses, Rolling Mills and other Non Chemical Process Industries.

During the decade of 1990s, many industries started planning compressive treatment. However it was very difficult and techno-economically not viable to arrange for necessary treatment of wastewater by these units individually. There was also constraint of space to install Effluent Treatment Plants by these units in their premises. The most practical and cost effective approach was to establish a Common Effluent Treatment Plant for the treatment of effluent being generated by these units. In fact it was necessary to establish proper infrastructure to take care of the environment related aspects being faced by the individual industrial units in the estate. In order to fulfill these objectives the "˜Green Environment Services Co-operative Society Limited' (GESCSL) was formed with the support of Vatva Industries Association and Gujarat Dyestuff Manufacturers' Association. Initially there were 620 industrial units of GIDC Estate, Vatva, Ahmedabad as members. The GESCSL is managed by 15 members including Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon. Secretary and Hon.

Website : www.gescsl.com

Call : +91 079 25892283

Review about: Cleaner Production.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with The Green Environment Services?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.