The Grand Mayan - DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM

4 of 53 The Grand Mayan reviews

The Vidanta Group, Vida Vacations, Mayan Palace and Vacation Privileges people are not to be trusted and are among the best I have ever seen at separating you and your hard earned money. I have all the documentation to prove this and will provide it to anyone who emails me.

My wife and I were accosted in early October 2015 at the Rental Car place (Thrifty) in Cancun. A mild mannered guy was very smooth and got us to go to a sales presentation at Vidanta, south of Cancun. My wife and I should have been smarter, we are both well educated technical people who know better. We attended a high pressure sales meeting at the resort having charged several thousand dollars to AMEX and owing tens of thousands more to Vidanta and Vida Vacations. That night we felt sick and I got on line and did research. I learned that there is a Mexican LAW that there is a three day window where these contracts can be null and void. We returned to the resort and after 2 hours we talked to the proper people and we nullified everything except for the AMEX Bill. They then sent us upstairs to the sales floor to talk to one more guy. They then sold us something that sounded good at the time. It was a vacation privileges account. At that time they threw in a week at the Mayan Palace Cancun. We booked it then and there (see attached screenshot from my VP account) Booked on October 15, 2015. We paid then and there as well.

We received the company materials and we signed up for a split week at Puerto Penasco Mayan Palace in January and just used that this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the stay there. However, upon our return I opened up my account and learned that they cancelled the March 20 visit to Cancun which we had given to our daughter and her husband for her college graduation. So 3 days away from them flying to Cancun and no word from company and they cancelled our booking WHICH WAS PAID. Multiple phone calls to both Vacation Privileges and Mayan Palace in Cancun and stilll no explanation. I spent all day yesterday afternoon on the phone with nobody willing, able or capable of explaining how they can take my money and cancel this with NO NOTIFICATION.

I called the Mayan Palace yesterday and was transferred literally to 8 different people who were simply incapable of fixing this mess. They took my money and I expect them to honor the signed agreement and reinstate this vacation but time is running short.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

The Grand Mayan Vacation Ownership
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #811502 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with The Grand Mayan? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 53 The Grand Mayan reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
KVEEEE

Sep 20 #1215399 San Diego, California, United States

These people have no shame.. Same thing happened to my husband and I just a few months ago. JAMIE BENNER is by far the biggest liar ever. She lied about every single thing she told us to get a sale. What a shame. I don't know how she lives with herself. Id much rather throw my money away with an attorney than to let this company keep it.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.