The Vidanta Group, Vida Vacations, Mayan Palace and Vacation Privileges people are not to be trusted and are among the best I have ever seen at separating you and your hard earned money. I have all the documentation to prove this and will provide it to anyone who emails me.
My wife and I were accosted in early October 2015 at the Rental Car place (Thrifty) in Cancun. A mild mannered guy was very smooth and got us to go to a sales presentation at Vidanta, south of Cancun. My wife and I should have been smarter, we are both well educated technical people who know better. We attended a high pressure sales meeting at the resort having charged several thousand dollars to AMEX and owing tens of thousands more to Vidanta and Vida Vacations. That night we felt sick and I got on line and did research. I learned that there is a Mexican LAW that there is a three day window where these contracts can be null and void. We returned to the resort and after 2 hours we talked to the proper people and we nullified everything except for the AMEX Bill. They then sent us upstairs to the sales floor to talk to one more guy. They then sold us something that sounded good at the time. It was a vacation privileges account. At that time they threw in a week at the Mayan Palace Cancun. We booked it then and there (see attached screenshot from my VP account) Booked on October 15, 2015. We paid then and there as well.
We received the company materials and we signed up for a split week at Puerto Penasco Mayan Palace in January and just used that this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the stay there. However, upon our return I opened up my account and learned that they cancelled the March 20 visit to Cancun which we had given to our daughter and her husband for her college graduation. So 3 days away from them flying to Cancun and no word from company and they cancelled our booking WHICH WAS PAID. Multiple phone calls to both Vacation Privileges and Mayan Palace in Cancun and stilll no explanation. I spent all day yesterday afternoon on the phone with nobody willing, able or capable of explaining how they can take my money and cancel this with NO NOTIFICATION.
I called the Mayan Palace yesterday and was transferred literally to 8 different people who were simply incapable of fixing this mess. They took my money and I expect them to honor the signed agreement and reinstate this vacation but time is running short.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
You May Also Like
- "1st room was invested with termites 2nd one was fithy. Only prostitutes and drug dealers would be comfortable here. Pictures and videos. I filed a complaint #3246930 & still have..."
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."