Pasco, Washington
100% full Not resolved

The Vidanta Group, Vida Vacations, Mayan Palace and Vacation Privileges people are not to be trusted and are among the best I have ever seen at separating you and your hard earned money. I have all the documentation to prove this and will provide it to anyone who emails me.

Related: The Grand Mayan - Grand Mayan Timeshare Scam

My wife and I were accosted in early October 2015 at the Rental Car place (Thrifty) in Cancun. A mild mannered guy was very smooth and got us to go to a sales presentation at Vidanta, south of Cancun. My wife and I should have been smarter, we are both well educated technical people who know better. We attended a high pressure sales meeting at the resort having charged several thousand dollars to AMEX and owing tens of thousands more to Vidanta and Vida Vacations. That night we felt sick and I got on line and did research. I learned that there is a Mexican LAW that there is a three day window where these contracts can be null and void. We returned to the resort and after 2 hours we talked to the proper people and we nullified everything except for the AMEX Bill. They then sent us upstairs to the sales floor to talk to one more guy. They then sold us something that sounded good at the time. It was a vacation privileges account. At that time they threw in a week at the Mayan Palace Cancun. We booked it then and there (see attached screenshot from my VP account) Booked on October 15, 2015. We paid then and there as well.

We received the company materials and we signed up for a split week at Puerto Penasco Mayan Palace in January and just used that this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the stay there. However, upon our return I opened up my account and learned that they cancelled the March 20 visit to Cancun which we had given to our daughter and her husband for her college graduation. So 3 days away from them flying to Cancun and no word from company and they cancelled our booking WHICH WAS PAID. Multiple phone calls to both Vacation Privileges and Mayan Palace in Cancun and stilll no explanation. I spent all day yesterday afternoon on the phone with nobody willing, able or capable of explaining how they can take my money and cancel this with NO NOTIFICATION.

I called the Mayan Palace yesterday and was transferred literally to 8 different people who were simply incapable of fixing this mess. They took my money and I expect them to honor the signed agreement and reinstate this vacation but time is running short.

Review about: The Grand Mayan Vacation Ownership.

1.8
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $10000
Preferred solution Reinstate the March 20-27 2016 Vacation at Mayan Palace by the end of today

Had an Experience with The Grand Mayan?

Comments

KVEEEE

These people have no shame..Same thing happened to my husband and I just a few months ago.

JAMIE BENNER is by far the biggest liar ever. She lied about every single thing she told us to get a sale. What a shame. I don't know how she lives with herself.

Id much rather throw my money away with an attorney than to let this company keep it.

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1214606

Your complaint was posted several months ago. Was your issue resolved to your satisfaction?