DEAD-BEAT SIDING CONTRACTOR / THE GOPHER COMPANY MN / JASON BROUWER
Jason Brouwer (President) and his siding/roofing company, "The Gopher Company Inc." were summonsed to appear in Hennepin County's Fourth Judicial District Court for neglectful subcontracting of our Albertville home replacement siding, commencing in November 2005. Jason's company was contracted to replace fully, our siding, fascia, soffit and down-spout metalwork damaged as a result of a storm late in 2005.
Jason was contacted numerous times over the course of nearly four years by us, our attorneys and his employees in the hopes that the buckling siding, damaged broken window, cut down bushes, hammer-dented brick molding around an expensive door and other neglectful installation would somehow be repaired to satisfactory condition either by his company or by a different contractor. Unable to achieve the desired result, we sued his company in January of 2007. We also submitted a Complaint to the Better Business Bureau in the hope that the BBB could address the matter. However, that attempt was not fruitful.
A mediation session in relation to our lawsuit against The Gopher Company Inc. took place in February of 2008 but Jason continued to deny any liability for the damage caused by his company. He steadfastly refused to reasonably come to terms with this matter until reaching the threshold of a court trial slated for December 2008.
A few days before that trial, Jason and his company finally agreed to our financial demands as stated in our Complaint. The parties reached a settlement agreement to reflect his financial responsibility for the damage caused by his company. He signed a Confession of Judgment at that time which was later filed early in 2009 when he defaulted on the settlement terms and failed to faithfully make all of his payments. He was found liable for Breach of Contract consequently.
To seek final payment of amounts owed to us by The Gopher Company Inc., we tried several different measures to rightfully elicit money out of Jason or his company including wage garnishment but to no avail. To date, we have yet to achieve satisfactory compensation as provided in the settlement agreement signed by the parties. Jason and his company have repeatedly ignored our requests to resolve this matter even though he has signed a Confession of Judgment. Presently, there is an Order to Show Cause Hearing scheduled for early November 2009 which Jason will be required to attend. If Jason is unable to produce satisfactory financial documentation at that hearing, a Bench Warrant for his arrest may be issued.
Neither Jason nor his company representatives have ever apologized for the amount of problems they have caused us. His company has acted unprofessional time after time. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF USING THIS CONTRACTOR OR COMPANY TO WORK ON ANY OF YOUR HOMES OR BUSINESS.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Derek Yates of Images Signs & More Located at 450 Bolton St New Bedford MA IS A *** ARTIST! His tel # is 774-328-8059. He owns a company called Image..."
- "Jason Brouwer (President) and his siding/roofing company, "The Gopher Company Inc." were summonsed to appear in Hennepin County's Fourth Judicial District Court for neglectful subcontracting of our Albertville home replacement..."
- "On Sept. 21st, 2013 @ 4pm I rented a truck from Menards to pick up siding that I had special ordered. I went to the store to pick it up..."
- "This start on July 19-21 last month when I wasn't getting no signal for no reason then on Aug. 1st I email them saying that I'm not getting a signal..."
- "Please read my blog and watch my 1 hour documentary at www.theamericanawakening.org The student loan debt in this country is over $900 billion dollars. THIS IS WHY! I could have..."
- "I replaced the front wheel bearings in by 1976 Coachmen motor home last fall. All parts including bearings, races and seals were purchased from NAPA. 5000 miles later everything I..."
- "I spent over 20 minutes with a brothers online support person who told me to take out the toner--remove it from the drum-replace it-go online for various information-do various procedures..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."