Verified Reviewer

1.8

I went to this office (10th Abe 45th St). for a milia on my arm & eyelid 8/22.

Dr. K removed them. He invited me to have a cancer screening which my insurance would cover, he said. He found a tiny freckle on my wrist.

He biopsied it. I was charged a $45. co pay. On my way out another patient seemed upset & told the receptionist she was not leaving until something was straightened out.

I left ! Not quite 10 days later I received a call from Dr K saying my tiny freckle was precancerous & he wanted to see me. My tiny wound was almost healed. Without explanation he sprayed white foamy stuff on my little, almost healed, spot.

He asked if it stung & I confirmed it did. 'Good! It's doing its job! Put Vaseline on it!', he said.

He said he'd see me in a year. I was charged another $45. In about an hour my wrist bubbled up. (see photos).

It had been on its way to healing before he sprayed it! It felt like a burn. In a day the bubble burst... Had I not gotten a bill a few month later, I'd not review this place at all.

After much angst, I found out the receptionist should have charged me $75 copay for a specialist not $45. The $30 bill was the balance for the difference. And almost a year after my first unhappy experience - guess what? Another bill for the Aug visit.

$30. I understand the receptionist was dealing with a disgruntled patient & might have been unnerved. But to have my arm burned by an unexplained treatment & dismissed by 'Put Vaseline on it' THEN to get two mysterious bills also sans explanation made me decide to post this review! Dr Bobby Burka has Dermatology Specialists offices in every borough in more than one location!

I sent him photos directly as well as Dr. K. After I sent them there were two calls from the Hells Kitchen office but no voice mail.

It would have been nice to receive a call of concern or apology. Beware & be careful!

User's recommendation: Save yourself!!

Location: New York, New York

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

The Dermatology Specialists Reviews