1.4K views
Verified Reviewer

I was looking for a decent credit repair company and I was browsing on the internet and came across this company. I had requested a free consultation so I emailed them at their company website. 2 business days later I received a phone call from a customer service person from them. We were on the phone about 20 minutes and I explained my circumstances as I had gone through really bad divorce. At the conclusion of the free consultation I was offered a monthly payment plan of $99.95 a month for 4 months and after that I would be paid with them in full and no mater how much longer it took them to correct any and all errors on my credit reports Experian, Equifax and Trans Union I would not have to pay any further fees. I was satisfied with the free consultation and sent them the first payment to them via certified check. They received it about 5 days later and I was called that they did received my first payment and would start working on my credit errors and problems and to save me time they instructed me to go to go a website when a consumer is permitted to obtain a free annual 3 credit bureau credit report. I followed what they told me to do and after I received it I uploaded it to their secure website. I was called again and I was informed they got it and one of their credit investigators was going to be immediately working on it and I will be contacted in about 2 to 3 weeks to inform me of any progress or status of my situation. It was now time to send them the second payment of $99.95 and I paid them exactly the same way I did with the first payment. Well, instead of keep going on and on with this, 4 months had passed and I had paid in full and there wasn't any results at all. In turn I emailed them on there secure website on what was going on as I was upset as I did not hear anything at all and my bill was paid in full and I have all the receipts to back it up. All I kept getting was emails stating I had to wait for this and wait for that and for some reason I felt deep down inside something was not right and for sure it wasn't. I let this go on for about another 6 months and now my patience had run out and I was on the brink. I sent them another email stating I wanted all my money back immediately and if I do not receive a check in the U.S. mail in the next 7 to 10 business days I am going to contact the State Attorney Generals office in my State and then file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) in Washington, D.C. as well for consumer fraud. I never heard anything back from them and never received my refund check back. In turn I filed every complaint that I could do legally against them in order to get my funds back. This is nothing but another elaborate internet scam or scheme and they are nothing but another bunch of cyber criminals. They should all be arrested, prosecuted and put in prison for what they have done to me and other people as well.

I am warning you up front. Do not attempt to use this company or anyone associated with it as you will get screwed and burned for sure. Live and learn. Here is where they are supposedly located.

The Credit People

7380 Sand Lake Road

5th Floor PMB 5225

Orlando, FL 32819

Website: TheCreditPeople.com

Reason of review: Complete scam and ripoff....

The Credit People Cons: Complete ripoff, Complete internet scam.

Location: Toms River, New Jersey

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

SHRAD3R

My comment is to thank the consumers for posting their experiences in detail. I've learned because of the burn in the past by companies that I did not care to do even lightly check out.

Nowadays, in just doing a very light search on the background pros, cons, and consumer complaints, I am finding really concerning information which is halting me doing business with certain companies. I would really like to see the ability for a reviewer (and not a poster) to check a box if the posted review(s) actually changed the decision of the reviewer to do business with a certain company.

Ex. "Did this review change or alter your decision to be do business with this company?" Since the fact of posted negative reviews by consumers and the listing of how many potential customers they lost would hopefully impact the business to change their ways.

Guest

I used The Credit People and got great results. And they say right on their website what the pricing is (and nowhere does it say they charge $99.00 a month) That's Lexington

Guest

My story is the same! Nothing done, just stolen my money.

Since you mailed yours through US Mail you can contact the US Postal Inspector since it's now mail fraud. I've reported them to the authorities and was encouraged to tell other victims to do the same.

Tatum Uwv
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1338685

Tom, I totally understand and can relate to what you have posted here. As well, I tried 2 other online credit repair companies, Lexington Law and CreditRepair.com as the both of them took my money and did nothing at all except kept feeding me stories, lies, excuses and other associated non-sense.

Every single time I spoke online with one of their customer service agents they had the intelligence of a head of lettuce and pathetic to the letter.

In all essence here I do not blame these companies but who really is at fault here is the Federal and State Governments as they let these online businesses continue to operate like this scamming and ripping people off. If the authorities fully investigated these companies and fully prosecuted the owners of these companies and shut them down it would stop a significant amount of individuals being scammed and ripped off.

But you want to know why the Federal and State Governments don't do anything about it...?

Because that would be the right thing to do. Best of luck to you...

Guest

Same issue, I have to cancel my credit card on file simply to get the payment to stop I guess. What a scam!!

Guest

they are no good at all they took money from me as well

Guest

TRUST ME THE CREDIT PEOPLE ARE THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL GROUP OF TOTAL IDIOTS I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE. WE WILL BE DOING A RADIO INTERVIEW TO EXPOSE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE.

I HAVE EMAILS FROM THE SUPPOSED OWNER OF THIS COMPANY AND WILL SHARE THEM WITH MY LISTENERS AFTER OUR ATTORNEYS REVIEW. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Ahniya Mau
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1067651

Great news for sure and embarass them so bad on the radio they go out of business as they are nothing but a bunch of theives and conartists that still owe me over $600.00 and I know I will never see it again. If you need any comments or remarks on you're radio show I would be more than happy to provide the honest truth on how they totally screwed me for sure. They should be shut down for sure immediately.

Guest

Nothing will Repair Your credit but time. After 7 years you can ask for the bad stuff to come off yourself. Then you start over again paying your Bills on time the next go round

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1066168

After six years they sell it to another company, and they file it new, and the seven year limit NEVER ends. This has been going on with me for years now.

I haven't a break from this horrible harrassment in over 15 years.

I even paid off a vehicle of $10,000 on time, and still my credit is concidered bad. It is so wrong that people can never get ahead with a government allowing this horrible thing to happen to good people.

The Credit People Reviews