2.2

I bought a new cover for my hot tub in December, 2016. I didn't install it until later in the spring of 2017 so I could get a new hydraulic lifter (which I also bought from the cover guy.) I don't use the hot tub after April or May until I fill it back up in November, so I didn't really get a good feel for how well the cover was performing until the winter, 2017 & spring 2018 usage.

I noticed that water was collecting in the membrane on the underside of the cover next to the water which made the cover extremely heavy. I finally complained to the company in the fall of 2018 when I was starting the hot tub back up again. Their warrenty department took about 2 weeks to respond back to me, but agreed that there was indeed a problem with the foam not being properly sealed and offered to send out new foam inserts for 50% of the original price of the cover. I thought that was unreasonable - especially since I would have to perform the labor of pulling out the old waterlogged foam and installing the new foam myself.

I complained about that but to no avail.

I can see that part of my problem was because I waited to complain for two years after I got the product. But if the foam was not properly sealed in the first place, they should have been more accommodating.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

TheCoverGuy
The Cover Guy Verified Representative

Hello, Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with The Cover Guy. I apologize if our service did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Our goal is to provide a consistently reliable product and an exemplary level of customer service.

Could you please contact us at feedback@thecoverguy.com so that we can rectify the situation for you? Sincerely, Anne Customer Care Manager