Received hot tub lid today, ordered in May. Sent dimensions for lid with company and type of tub I had.

They sent email, stating they were increasing dimensions...we said no...keep it as ordered....thought all would be fine, but not sure...size is fine...but they put one strap on each side. This does not accomodate my tub.

Called them, they finally answered...stating this is how they make them, when I said this will not work for me, they hung up and would not answer their phone...caller ID put me to their voice mail. I will NEVER buy a product from them again..will now fight it via my credit card company.

Comments

Thank you for your response and also for handling this situation with me. I will be making the diagram and getting this to you.

I also appreciate that you are not an OEM, however, the information regarding your strap location would have been appreciated as I would have contacted you before you made the cover, thereby avoiding the current situation.

Sincerely, Mavis

I will also work with you to get this resolved if possible, however, I will not apologize for our conversation. I DID NOT USE ANY INAPPROPRIATE language, listen to your recording.

The person(s) on the other end of the line gave me a "song and dance" about why I have a lid I can't use as is, after spending $500. I will not be "bullied" into accepting a product that I can't use without modifying my tub...when I stated I didn't want to hear excuses and that this was unacceptable you hung up on me and sent my two attempted calls to a voice message, and now converse with me through email. Says TONS about your company. Regarding specific location on the tub for the straps...we have owned hot tubs for 18 years.

The lid straps have always been two on two sides not one on four. The picture on your website shows the straps as I expected them... two on two sides of the lid. Finally, there was NOTHING on the order requesting specific strap location, thereby providing a " red flag" that the straps would be placed in the middle of each of the four sides if not ordered otherwise.

It would have been easy to do this, especially as I had to specify that the lid be made to my size request of 92" as on the original order, after you had emailed me stating you were changing my request to 93". The position of the tub on our deck is also set up for two-two sided strap positioning on the lid for accessibility.

I want the straps placed according to option 1 below, specifically as stated: "1) we can bring the vinyl back and with a detailed diagram supplied by you we will change the strap location for you." According to the statement above you want me to remove the structural panels, is this correct?

If so, I will do this and make a diagram showing desired strap position, and I will also mark the lid where I want the straps placed. I will proceed when you get back to me regarding shipping options.

Email sent to customer:

Mavis, thank you for your phone call but we do not appreciate your language or your yelling over the phone. We are more then happy to help you out with the issue you have with your cover, but we will not accept the way you speak with us.

We are a aftermarket company so we strategically place the straps to provide you with the best resistance against the wind. You did not specify a specific location so so we did strategically place them as I have explained above.

If you are not happy with this location we have a few options:

2) we can send you wind straps which will be external straps that you can use instead of the straps you received with the cover.

Please let us know know how you wish to proceed and we will get either one of these options done for you as quickly as possible.

Regards,