Resolved
3.2
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user May 20

See my updated comment.

Update by user May 20

After my review went up, I was able to get a refund without the cancellation fee. I'm now satisfied, but it would have been better if they had a less punitive cancellation policy like the one I got from the company that I eventually ordered from (their policy reasonably said that I could not cancel once the order was in production). I gave my word that I would delete this review, but if I can't, I upgraded the review and added this note.

Update by user May 15

I'm in discussions with a different person at The Cover Guy, so this may turn out better, but that's speculative at this point.

Original review posted by user May 13

I made an order for a spa cover. A day later, they emailed and wanted me to confirm my measurements.

I made a minor refinement (a half inch adjustment) and thanked them. They wrote back another day later wanting more information, which added more days to the order. There was no change. Frustrated, I saw that I could order from a different company for $50 less.

I noticed that they had already charged my credit card. I asked for refund.

They said that I would have to pay a $50 cancellation fee. Now I have to do business with this company that I would never want to do business with again.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Website.

I didn't like: Cancellation policy.

Comments

TheCoverGuy
The Cover Guy Verified Representative

Hello, Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with The Cover Guy. I apologize if our service did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Please contact us at feedback@thecoverguy.com if the situation isn't resolved to your satisfaction. Sincerely, Anne Customer Care Manager