2.5 years after paying $365 for their cover I've had the same problem with the extra "protective" layer which has cracked into a million little pieces of plastic into the hot tub and allowed to styrofoam to become waterlogged. Also, the metal splines of each side never stayed in place (they're not anchored into the styrofoam) so the cover always sagged. Now, with the added weight, I expect the cover to crack anytime. Also, the vinyl cover was never tight to the styrofoam and adding the heat shield to the center made to entire cover to long by about 2 inches.

The cover is a total piece of ***.

I've tried to contact The Cover Guy but the they don't seem to ever answer the phone and I'm tired of listening to their recorded message.

Sooooo... rather than get another piece of *** (at any price) I'll just take my business elsewhere.

I suggest you do too.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Niagara Falls, New York, United States #892643

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty trying to contact us. We do have a high volume of calls during the peak season (fall) and return all messages in a timely manner with a goal within 2 hours.

We also respond to all emails within 24 hours.

If I could ask you to contact me directly either by email or phone I will have our warranty manager evaluate your claim. If you would like to send me pictures of your cover this would speed up the process.

If I don't get to your call, please leave me a message and I will get back to you in a timely fashion.

It sounds like you may have a chemical issue causing the rapid deterioration of the cover. With proper care and maintenance depending on the usage of your spa, the cover should last you a good 5 to 10 years.

Claire@thecoverguy.com