Update by user Apr 18, 2012

We have been contacted by a representative of The Cover Guy and have had our issues resolved to our satisfaction. It\'s unfortunate that this site will not allow removal of complaints, as in my case, the company came through in the end. Good for you Cover Guy folks!

Original review posted by user Apr 16, 2012

I purchased a $400+ deluxe spa cover with upgrades from Cover Guy in June 2010 (which I didn't receive until at least July) with a 5 year warranty. In April 2012, the cover is splitting at the center seam, vinyl is tearing and the vapor barrier is disintegrated.

Contacted Cover Guy and was told to contact Prestige Warranty Service?? Prestige required the original receipt, multiple photos, measurements, etc., etc. After supplying all requested information and waiting over a week, the folks from Prestige told me it would cost me $130 to replace the cover and another $105 to ship it to me. If I wanted to spend over $200 every year, I'd pick up an economy throw-away cover and not have to deal with the aggravation.

Spend your money elsewhere. Definitely not worth doing business with.

Comments

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada #762615

Just checked my warranty - it's not 7 years - it's 7 years rated ! So I bought my "extreme cover" in September 2009 - so it's just over 4 year - and the warranty says that I pay 70% of the original charge.

Haven't contacted them yet - but looks like I'll have to pay shipping too. Shipped from H.S.T. Synthetics in Mississauga. Who the *** are these guys ?

My Extreme was supposed to have a taper so water and snow would "run off".

Mine had no taper. I have to tell you - this is no 7 year cover.