2315 Whirlpool St #968, Niagara Falls, NY 14305, USA
Featured Not resolved
2.3

I ordered the “deluxe” hot tub cover from The Cover Guy after reading all the details about it on their website and speaking with a representative. I told them I have an Optima model hot tub by Sundance.

Although the representative said they do double check the dimensions of the Brand and model people have after ordering their cover, I was also to email back measurements of my hot tub, in addition to measuring the “radius” of one of my corners...... The “deluxe” model which I ordered is their middle choice on their website. From their photos, the deluxe model looks to be of excellent heavy duty quality with matching vinyl handles. The description on their website of the materials used and construction of their product sounded excellent.

Their website states “the highest quality marine vinyl is used”, “all foam is coated & wrapped with our new technology for ZERO water absorption”, “Each insert is heat sealed with a poly vapor moisture barrier to protect your spa cover against water absorption”. After studying all the details, I went ahead and placed my order for this “deluxe” $349.99 hot tub cover from The Cover Guy. Six and a half weeks later I received the wrong cover. They reordered another.

Just shy of 4 weeks after that, I received my hot tub cover. I was SHOCKED at the cheap quality. It was NOTHING like the picture or description of the “Deluxe” hot tub cover I thought I was ordering from their website. How can they do this I thought??

....The vinyl was thin and cheap looking, the skirt was oddly sewn and puckered all around, they had cheap black nylon handles, not the matching vinyl handles shown on their website, and in the interior zippered area, the foam had a thin, baggy, plastic bag encasing it (certainly no “heat sealed” technology was used as they described!) and after 2 days it had moisture drips both INSIDE the bag on the foam as well as OUTSIDE the bag. I called and left messages with Sue Ann whom I had placed my order with. No response. I emailed them.

After about a week I got a response from Amanda. “As this is a “custom” order, there are no returns.” In response to my having moisture in the inner foam already? She stated “it is because the cover was packaged while under humid conditions”....ummm WHAT? A ridiculous statement to make!

As for the inferior vinyl used? “ we do not see anything major with the vinyl and it will not affect longevity” and that I “could send back the vinyl to be corrected if I want though” which I take to mean if I wanted the matching vinyl handles that they show on the website which I thought I was getting?

I told them this is fraudulent to send out a vastly inferior product to the customer than what the customer sees and thinks they are ordering from their website. And than to say it’s a “custom” order and can not be refunded?? Oh no my Canadian friends.

This is called “Bait & Switch” in America and it is not looked upon too kindly. Plain “hookery and crookery”! And had I read all the terrible reviews out there on the internet and on Amazon, I NEVER would have ordered this crap cover from this company.

False Advertising! Buyer beware!

Product or Service Mentioned: The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Receiving inferior item then i thought i ordered from website, Misrepresentation of construction, Not receiving immediate customer service with satisfaction, Misrepresentation of quality.

Comments