Update by user Feb 05, 2013

Thanks to Lisa Brunner at The Cover Guy some warranty relief was obtained.

Thanks Lisa.

Original review posted by user Jan 10, 2013

Purchased Cover from the Cover Guy July 2010. My 2 previous covers lasted from other companies lasted 5 years each. This cover is water heavy and sags in the middle on both sides. They advertised a 5 year warranty at the time . They now say 7 years.

They will not cover anything under their warranty. My service professional said my water is fine. I have owned a tub for 12.5 years and only had to replace 2 minor pieces (50 dollars total parts cost )because those parts have only 8 year est. life expectancy.

SO I HAVE TO REPLACE THIS COVER GUY COVER after 2.5 years not 5 years

BELOW IS THEIR EXPLAINATION word for word

Water logging unfortunately is not covered under our warranty. The reason for this is because water logging is not a manufacture defect. When the cover was shipped to you the plastic was heat sealed to the foam insert. If that plastic was breached the cover would have become heavy with in the first 60 days in which case we would have deemed it a manufacture defect. The reason the cover becomes waterlogged is because somehow the plastic seal has been broken, the most common cause of this is your chemicals. If your chemicals are out of balance this will cause the chemicals to literally eat through the plastic and therefore allowing the water in.

=============================

My opinion after 60 days your are on your own. They might as well advertise a 10 year warranty to get the sale. You are not covered substandard product any way.

Comments