The Country Gentleman - Thecountrygentleman.com - Copper Mailbox
On 10/24/2010 at 2:39:00 pm, I placed my order online for the following: Items: Copper Mailbox - Large, SKU: GD-252, Quantity: 1, Item Price : $319.00, Item Total : $319.00; Item: The Litchfield Post (Large), SKU: GD-272L, Quantity: 1, Item Price : $299.00, Item Total : $299.00.
On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:37 AM I received an email that The Litchfield Post had recently sold out and that you were not getting any more in. You asked if I wanted to switch to another.
On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:25 PM I replied " We'll just take the mailbox. Please let me know what the revised shipping and tax will be. May I contact the manufacturer of the original post that I wanted?"
Since that email from you on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:37 AM, I did not heard from you. On Sunday 10/31/2010 at 6:46 am I sent you the following: "Cancel my order with your company upon receipt of this email due to the extremely poor customer service I have received. I have no expectation that if there are any problems with my order that you will ever contact me and resolve the issue as you can't do so even during the ordering process. You do not return phone messages and there is never a live person answering the phone (always a pre-recorded as to how busy you are); you do not return emails or customer service comments on your website and your "live chat" is not functional. Please be advised that I will challenge any and all charges to my credit card. If you disagree with any of my comments, please, please contact me!"
You ignored my request to cancel the order and shipped it anyway.
Upon receipt I unpacked the mailbox and noted the following Defects/Damages:
1. The mailbox we received was of extremely poor workmanship as evidenced by the very poor soldering, the excess rubbing compound that was never removed and the handle on the front of the box was not centered. In addition, the door does not even shut properly making the mailbox itself non-functional.
2. The mailbox had scratches and significant defects on the molding.
3. The mailbox pictured on the website was significantly different in style and construction from the one we received. This is not only deceptive advertising it is dishonest.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Copper Mailbox
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "INSTAFLEX Misleading Charge me on 8/02/2010 Unauthorized Charge DDL*INSTAFLEX 30DAY SP $74.98 12 days after recieving their trial product by mail. I did not authorize them to charge nor..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "I have purchased the same KEEN brand summer shoes two times in the past and have enjoyed them and used them until the bottoms were worn smooth. The third pair..."
- "I recently bought a brand new laptop from Best Buy. About a week after I took it home, the screen started having issues, it would go completely static for no..."